Looking for a Fly hatch chart

Robm123

Hi all, I have just taken up fly fishing again for rainbow trout. I live in Lancashire and I do still water fishing for Rainbow trout. I am a bit rusty in my knowledge as i have been out of the sport for a few years. Basically all I am looking for is a chart/table Jan - Dec which shows all the hatches according to the months. DLLs, damsels, buzzers, sedge etc. I have asked Mr Google but it just comes up with American charts. I have also looked through some books and cannot find any. Does anyone have a saved chart or a link for UK charts/tables for hatches? Thanks

pvthubbard

Hi all, I have just taken up fly fishing again for rainbow trout. I live in Lancashire and I do still water fishing for Rainbow trout. I am a bit rusty in my knowledge as i have been out of the sport for a few years. Basically all I am looking for is a chart/table Jan - Dec which shows all the hatches according to the months. DLLs, damsels, buzzers, sedge etc. I have asked Mr Google but it just comes up with American charts. I have also looked through some books and cannot find any. Does anyone have a saved chart or a link for UK charts/tables for hatches? Thanks

Is that any good?

beetlebum

Hi, as said by others the cards from Barbless Flies are great, I keep them in my wallet. I'm in Lancashire too, whereabouts are you fishing?

ryburn

I don't know of a hatch chart for stillwater fisheries but I have used the Match a Hatch app which was produced by Kevin Adams and Dr Cyril Bennett and is available through the Riverfly Partnership web site. This is excellent for river hatches throughout the country, though really intended for identification of insects you have seen, but can also give an idea of what might be about in your area. This is the link https://www.riverflies.org/match-hatch-mobile-app-anglers-useful-armi-monitors-too

Ryburn

G

GEK79

Would this hatch chart apply to Ireland aswell do you think? Also, does anyone know of any good entomology sites where I could get more info about insects specific to Ireland?
Any luck with Irish insects??

ROVER

Stock pond Rainbows, here you go......

January = pellets
February = pellets
March = pellets
April = pellets
May = pellets
June = pellets
July = pellets
August = pellets
September = pellets
October = pellets
November = pellets