Looking for help.

whitfurno

Anyone who, ideally, lives south of the Sidlaw Hills or anyone who has seen them within the past few days.

IS THERE SNOW LYING ON THE SOUTH FACING SLOPES.

If you can see them it would be helpful if you stated your longitude. You can find this by going to an online OS map and "dropping a pin".

I'll explain tonight or tomorrow.

Oldbones

Our relatives in Scotland who live a bit further north told us it was snowing yesterday.
So it would be no surprise that these hills you speak of would be white.

whitfurno

The question was asked to help determine how visibility has improved due to a reduction in air pollution since the lockdown started. I now know for certain that the Sidlaws are visible from Longridge (West Lothian). This was not the case before. Further the mountains north and west of the Campsies are now also visible using a naked eye. Around 70 miles. Keep the traffic down!

light olive

Bloody hell Bob. You must have a great pair of eyes for a man of your years.😀. Stay safe buddy👍

GEK79

The question was asked to help determine how visibility has improved due to a reduction in air pollution since the lockdown started. I now know for certain that the Sidlaws are visible from Longridge (West Lothian). This was not the case before. Further the mountains north and west of the Campsies are now also visible using a naked eye. Around 70 miles. Keep the traffic down!
My father who lives on the north Wales coast had seen the Isle of Man on one of the sunny clear days and he said that was due to lack of pollution..

Last edited:

boisker

The isle of wight from North Wales coast??... that’s one hell of a set of eyes on him...

GEK79

The isle of wight from North Wales coast??... that’s one hell of a set of eyes on him...
[/QUOTE
I'd imagine he was using binoculars as at his age he hasn't hawk eyes anymore.. But it was more to the point that the pollution had lifted and he was able to see the Isle..