Looped Leaders

saltman

Hi, All.

Has anyone used these or know were they can be obtained ?

Regards Greg.

leeren666

I don't know what one is ? Never heard of them ? Is it a pre made tapered leader with a welded loop ?

Last edited:

saltman

Hi All,

These are leaders made up with different strengths of leader material, with small loops, all the way down the leader. This reduces drag in the river, by having the loops, working as hinges.

Regards Saltman.

taterdu

Hi All,

These are leaders made up with different strengths of leader material, with small loops, all the way down the leader. This reduces drag in the river, by having the loops, working as hinges.

Regards Saltman.

Really? Are you sure?

Can you post a link?

luke troutstalker

Banned
Banned
I know you what you mean now, from memory they were an idea brought about by the Italian style of casting mob- or at least I'd seen them being advocated by the Italians.

luke troutstalker

Banned
Banned
It was Phillip Bailey from memory that wrote about it, he's no longer a member and his post on the topic has been edited out.
I got the just at the time that turnover and 'presentation' in the casting sense was not the thrust of the idea ( I suppose it wouldn't be ) , more it was a means of getting the best possible drift in lively water.

You'll find Phillip Bailey on FB, perhaps he'll give you the formula. As I recall it was a series of decreasing diameter lines connected with small perfection loops.

canefly

I've used these leaders for a few years now and like them :)

Latest posts