lost box blairgowrie

scoobyscott

Hi guys was fishing the Ericht at Blairgowrie last night and have lost my box of flies. Its a wychwood full of tungsten bugs one side and muddlers on the other. If anyone fishes up here could you keep an eye out for it. I was at the bottom of the beat at west grange. A longshot I know, thanks for looking

Bandy Catcher

If you hadn't already thought about it, I'd suggest phoning both tackle shops in Blairgowrie, in case someone hands in your box there (that's what I'd do if I found a box). Kate Flemings and Crockarts are the names of the tackle shops, if you didn't know. I'll be in Kate Flemings this week and will ask if anybody's handed in a box.

I know the feeling of losing a box this year. I lost a box of dries on the Tay and broke my ankle on the same evening!!!

John

scoobyscott

Thanks John yeah I was going to phone them tomorrow. Im so annoyed with myself it was my one box I had finished. God knows how many hours of tying were in there
:(

beryl

I lost a box last year. It's sort of personal. Even if you don't tie, the selection is unique to you. I put up posters in the woods like I'd lost my dog or something:rolleyes: In normal circumstance I won't lose another, I'm sure of that.

redangler123

Here is a tip. Stick a split pin or soft wire substitute through the breather holes and fit it to a good quality zinger fastened inside your fly vest pocket. I did this after loosing a really nice fly box with multiple windows full of drys. Box was for my big 50 so even worse. Zing up your boxes and wade with confidence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fingask

if you happened to drop it near the waters edge its probably in perth by now with all the big water that's been coming doon another option for safety next time only take a dozen flies in a smaller box attached to you keep the big box in your rucksack fill as required at tea breaks small consolation I know but that's how we learn tight lines