lough arrow green may 10

GEK79

I’m not really into pulling wets but when I see the ones you tie I am always tempted to start!
Without distracting from the post how do you fish your wets.. Please as I'm going to fish more with them next season and curious as to other techniques please..

ackroyd

GEK79,
I would encourage you to read three books. Stan Headley's "The Loch Fisher's Bible" and "Reflections on the Loch" explain very well the importance of letting the flies "hang" at the end of the draw. And Charles Mclaren's book on "The Art of Sea-trout Fishing" explains why the draw for sea-trout has to be quite different from other methods. All these books are a great read on a long, dreary winter's night. They will transport you to another world, far away from all our present concerns.

GEK79

GEK79,
I would encourage you to read three books. Stan Headley's "The Loch Fisher's Bible" and "Reflections on the Loch" explain very well the importance of letting the flies "hang" at the end of the draw. And Charles Mclaren's book on "The Art of Sea-trout Fishing" explains why the draw for sea-trout has to be quite different from other methods. All these books are a great read on a long, dreary winter's night. They will transport you to another world, far away from all our present concerns.
I'll have. Look any suggestions as where to find these please.. And thank you

Paul_B

thats great news .where were you fishing if you dont mind
I fish a reservoir on the Pennines in South Yorkshire, the fish come from Swinton trout farm Ripon, those and green goldhead hoppers were doing really well (y)

edit to say mine didn't look half as good as yours

Oh and I got a bag full of bluestalks as I was walking back to the car (Blewits) 😇

Last edited:

Paul_B

Nothing on them today but I did well on Butchers very close in, 🎣

I've now got to fillet the fish and pop the fillets and a piece of butter and herbs into boil in the bags (y)

Latest posts