Lough Conn-Jack McNeeley Cup May 30th

Jungle Bunny

Lough Conn-Jack McNeeley Cup Results

The Jack McNeeley Cup is going to be fished on Lough Conn on Sunday the 30th of May. Starting in Cloghans at 11am and finishing on the shore in Cloghans at 6pm, followed by some grub immediately afterwards in the Lodge:guinness:

Anglers can fish with their own partners and entry fee is €70 for boat or €30 for lad using the engine and €40 for the lad who will be keeping the bow down:D.

This year we have decided to allocate prizes based on the heaviest fish caught. We would encourage anglers to return all subsequent smaller fish that they catch:):):):).

Entries by the 24th of May to:
Sean Crean 087-6892890
Peter Roche 085 - 1365874
Seamus Kelly 087 -9782464

We are hoping for a good entry as we are trying to raise much needed funds to go towards proposed development work that we hope will be carried out later this year on the Cloghans stream.

Looking forward to seeing many new and some older faces on the day:):):):)

Last edited:

connafly

jack mc neeley

The Jack McNeeley Cup is going to be fished on Lough Conn on Sunday the 30th of May. Starting in Cloghans at 11am and finishing on the shore in Cloghans at 6pm, followed by some grub immediately afterwards in the Lodge:guinness:

Anglers can fish with their own partners and entry fee is €70 for boat or €30 for lad using the engine and €40 for the lad who will be keeping the bow down:D.

This year we have decided to allocate prizes based on the heaviest fish caught. We would encourage anglers to return all subsequent smaller fish that they catch:):):):).

Sean Crean 087-6892890

We are hoping for a good entry as we are trying to raise much needed funds to go towards proposed development work that we hope will be carried out later this year on the Cloghans stream.

Looking forward to seeing many new and some older faces on the day:):):)
See you there JB "Sean I'll give you a new cast at the weekend I found it in Home Bay ?"

connafly

the cast

Good flies glad he uses 4 on a cast .An amazing Angler imagine being so accurate on the strike that he got the point fly into the Adipose Fin of a 1/2 Pd Trout

Last edited:

connafly

Last edited:

Jungle Bunny

Sean Crean 087-6892890

Looking forward to seeing many new and some older faces on the day:):):)
Quick reminder of the Comp on Sunday week. Need to get the entries finalized so get your names in as soon as possible. There are some boats available on the shore for those who who do not want to tow a boat to Conn. It should be spot on for the Mayfly as the Mayfly have yet to start but it should all come good with the warmer weather that is due to come in this week:):):)

Jungle Bunny

There are still a couple of boats left for the comp on Sunday week fishing from Cloghans.

Thankfully the weather has warmed up a bit which should bring on a bit of a hatch. Was out last night for an hour saw a good few fish but they were TRICKY:D:D

A nice fall of spent last night, only wished I had been on the west shore as there must have been a huge fall of spent last night.......tonight maybe:):)

Jungle Bunny

Thankfully the weather forecast for the weekend is spot on:):):) Southwesterly wind at 25-30 km/hr in overcast wet conditions, happy days. Speaking to anglers coming in of the Lough today would suggest that the Mayfly is just about to start.....better late than never I suppose. The fishing should be good so anglers who have been holding out for good fishing weather should be in for some good sport.

Please get your names in by Friday at the latest so that we can have a final number for the grub order.

Looking forward to fishing with the ageless Tom ketterick, 96 years young and still going strong, what a man:)

Jungle Bunny

RESULTS

Thank you to all competitors who supported our competition yesterday on Lough Conn. The results were as follows:

1st Patrick Kelly, Cloghans.
2nd Noel Shiels, Dublin.
3rd Carl O' Toole Dublin

Best boat, Barry Fox,(Irish team captain) and his father Gerry with 10 trout for over 16lb.

I managed to catch 4 nice trout myself:):) with Aiden 'Budso' Heffernan, but was not at the races. Some mixed fishing depending on location. A lot of small fish were caught and returned which is great to see. Best of luck to everyone fishing next weeks Whit weekend competition from Crossmolina.

Greenpeter

Lough Conn

I was amazed at how clean and clear Conn was. I have fished it the same week for 21 years and have never saw it as low or as clear. I hope this is good news but I have my doubts. Conn water always had a bit of colour to it. Also Every rock I turned over had literally dozens if not hundreds of zebra mussels. Alomost every flat rock also had a crayfish under it. I also caught one trout with a lamphrey stuck to it.... I havent done that before.

Cant complain about the fishing. ( 9 trout for 2.5 days) all in the 3/4 to 1ib range and all put back except the lamphrey fish whcih went to the fishery board.

stylie

I have heard of guys that have got fish this year from different lakes with lampreys attached. Its strange...