Lough Corrib

jemo

I wholeheartly agree, Larry Mccarthy is a gent and always willing to help other anglers with advice and good humour
....J

11foot5

We had a good few days with fish every day on buzzers, that was earlier this week, it wasn't easy but it was good fun, apart from heading back on Tuesday night when we got caught in a bit of weather!!

https://vimeo.com/96129940
Are you taking the p*** there Chris!!! That's a light ripple to the locals:D Hope you had a good time....those western loughs are really quite something!

stylie

Fished for 4 days starting Fri30th. Friday was a scorcher so trolled a bit and relaxed. Spent came down in the evening but nothing moving. Sat had a few fish dapping upto 2lb12oz. Sunday conditions were poor had a few keepers pulling wets. Monday good enough hatch of fly in light winds but trout not interested, I trolled and didnt get anything.

123strike

A shot i took back in April one evening fishing the buzzers.. You can see trout rising in the shot!

There are not many more places i'd prefer to spend my time!

Mies

A shot i took back in April one evening fishing the buzzers.. You can see trout rising in the shot!

There are not many more places i'd prefer to spend my time!

Nice shot and I concur with the sentiment but with that line I wouldn't bother counting to three :p

JJ O Malley

Great video Gary.
I've witnessed the same many times. It's amazing eh.
Now let's not hear any more about trout numbers in decline on Corrib.. The trout have just changed their feeding methods and maybe are getting smarter and not as easy to catch..

I did a good bit of Caenis fishing the past few years.. Very exciting and very frustrating at the same time. Always meant to video it but never go around to it. No need to now that you've done it!

Having to work 6 days this year plus a new baby so i'm too wrecked to get out of bed any morning this year. Tried a few times!! :eek:mg:

Thanks for sharing..

Cheers
JJ

gary29428

To be honest situations like the start of the video are probably to be avoided if you are trying to catch a trout, you are much better off trying to target individual feeding fish, a cast into this lot no matter how gentle will spook a fish and cause a chain reaction across the whole bay. I did get some nice fish over the last few mornings, but when in a situation like this better to sit back and enjoy it.....

ryan fluff

What a great video, thanks for sharing Gary.. Would love to witness that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanie

First day out today. Bright sunshine , Freezing cold and no trout..
No worries though, It was great to get the boat back in and get out for a few hours:thumbs:

jemo

Hi Seanie, i was out yesterday myself...it was not for the feint hearted...had one fish in greenfields...its too early, the water is too cold.

cax

Hi Seanie, i was out yesterday myself...it was not for the feint hearted...had one fish in greenfields...its too early, the water is too cold.
Any idea what the water temp was?

Wee Jimmy

First day out today. Bright sunshine , Freezing cold and no trout..
No worries though, It was great to get the boat back in and get out for a few hours:thumbs:
You guys start early over there Seanie.....brave,keen or both maybe...:)
ATB for the coming season....;)

mackiia1

Any idea what the water temp was?
You can get water levels and temps for many rivers and lakes here.

Realtime waterlevel

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

You guys start early over there Seanie.....brave,keen or both maybe...:)
ATB for the coming season....;)
Or maybe just ****** MAD :eek::D

Wee Jimmy

Or maybe just ****** MAD
Aye......I just didny want to say it.....:D

When does the trout season officially start on Corrib lads...I imagine the weather will be a wee bit softer in the west of Ireland than it is here...?

Last edited:

mackiia1

Aye......I just didny want to say it.....:D

When does the trout season officially start on Corrib lads...I imagine the weather will be a wee bit softer in the west of Ireland than it is here...?
Trout season on Corrib is from Feb 15 to Sep 30.
Pulling Wets over the shallows can be good from the off but the first main hatch is the Duckfly - usually around mid March.