Lough Corrib

abbie

Larry showed me a trick or two for the caenis and thanks to him but have been fishing Corrib for 30 years.

brackwansha

Superb fishing Gary and thanks for the advice put on the forum. Hope some year to give Caenis fishing a go. :thumbs:

mackiia1

You would be wasting your time Squire, the dogs in the street know that it"s next to impossible to catch trout on Caenis - they're too small, they're called the Angler's Curse for good reason. Pulling wets is the way to go if you want fish.
I do have to admit that I've heard of some guy from Waterford that claims to have cracked this Caenis malarky, I believe he has some connection with the WTT and guides on Corrib, PM me if you want his details - he might be able to show you how it's done.
You are a desperate Sh1t stirrer James :D:rolleyes:
Tell me - hows the Salmon fishing going this year.:whistle:

Would like to restart this for 2016 season....and i need to up my posts count so I'm able to pm people...

Was out trolling rapalas opening day from Oughterard. Cold and water still very high. Saw 5/6 boats out. Headed N to Rineroon pt and my friend had 2 (3/4lb+2half lb) off isl W of Doorus. Saw a few duckfly in the bays on the way.Then to Inchagoill,had one myself there on tazzie,1lb.

Out Tues from 12 wet fly in Bog bay,2 of us...wild wind n relentless rain,gale off shore so 100 yards drifting before it got too hairy...spend 2 hours in the flooded hut on the shore before wind changed direction and died down....1 hour fishing before home....caught 1 on a muddler(2half lb) and rose/missed another.
Happy to get to the car!

jemo

..not for the feint hearted...the Corrib can become like the north sea in a big wind because of the long fetch the wind has...

JJ O Malley

The itch has started. May drop the boat this week. Looking forward to the season ahead. Hope it's as good as the last few seasons! !

Cheers
JJ

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Guest107

I've a new boat arriving next weekend which will be on Corrib for the season, just 15 minutes from the house. Really looking forward to it. The lake's still a wee bit high so I'll hopefully get the boat in within a couple of weeks.

JJ O Malley

I've a new boat arriving next weekend which will be on Corrib for the season, just 15 minutes from the house. Really looking forward to it. The lake's still a wee bit high so I'll hopefully get the boat in within a couple of weeks.
What boat did you go for? What part of the lake are you fishing out of?
Best of luck with it!

JJ

Guest107

What boat did you go for? What part of the lake are you fishing out of?
Best of luck with it!

JJ

After probably too much research and grilling John Meagher at my house 'til 2.30 am a while back, I've bought a John Meagher 19ft built on an O'sullivan hull. It has the extra inboard buoyancy along the sides and fibre glass fins built into the stern.

I'll be fishing out of Inishmicatreer, where I've secured a berth where I can leave the engine on 24/7.

I'm looking forward to it, although the lake is very high at the moment and it may take a couple of weeks to get down to a decent level before I put the boat in.

inishmackjames

After probably too much research and grilling John Meagher at my house 'til 2.30 am a while back, I've bought a John Meagher 19ft built on an O'sullivan hull. It has the extra inboard buoyancy along the sides and fibre glass fins built into the stern.

I'll be fishing out of Inishmicatreer, where I've secured a berth where I can leave the engine on 24/7.

I'm looking forward to it, although the lake is very high at the moment and it may take a couple of weeks to get down to a decent level before I put the boat in.
Best of luck with the new boat alderman - a bit of advice, don't leave your engine on. It may not be there when you get back.

Guest107

Best of luck with the new boat alderman - a bit of advice, don't leave your engine on. It may not be there when you get back.
I know all about the problems, but where I'm putting the boat there hasn't been a problem - yet - so I'm told!

inishmackjames

I know all about the problems, but where I'm putting the boat there hasn't been a problem - yet - so I'm told!
Hi alderman,
If you want to PM me the location of your berth I'll give you my opinion, my engine was one of five or six taken one night by our friends from the East a very nice 15 HP 2 stroke Mercury, the Police were very helpful - not :mad: Anyway best of luck with your new boat and if you ever want to meet up send me a message.

stylie

Even locked in sheds they got to the engines, there is no place safe unfortunately.

stylie

Fished it over the Easter weekend, weather was brutal and the fishing likewise. But over the last 2 weeks good fishing was had when the weather allowed it. Plenty of 4lb + fish being caught to fly. Worth a trip if the weather is right.
Also I think there will be Mayfly by the end of this month, Duckfly were in good numbers a week or two earlier than normal. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Olives in 2 weeks.

mark1988

Bit of a random question but can the corrib be fished from the banks or is it limited. Thanks in advance for any info

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk