Lough Corrib

jemo

Went out from Greenfields yesterday...perfect day for fishing, unfortunately we got no joy...water level is high and water temp is very low. it should improve in the next couple of weeks

Attachments

Last edited:

JJ O Malley

Went out from Greenfields yesterday...perfect day for fishing, unfortunately we got no joy...water level is high and water temp is very low. it should improve in the next couple of weeks
Saturday was nice and warm. Great picture..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Overheadkev

Anybody catching anything yet?
Fished out of cornamona Saturday, finally felt like spring.Enormous hatches of buzzers but fish only rising sporadically.We only managed 3 small fish, all 12 to 14 ounces.Lovely day out but water very cold still

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

jemo

On the Corrib had a 2.5lb fish yesterday on a buzzer...fishing was slow yesterday, water temp only 5deg... there was a huge hatch of duckfly but fish seemed disinterested...the same on Mask... give it a week and things will improve.

adebahn

Hello. I have a week's holidays next week starting the 16th. My non-fishing friend has just moved to Moycullen. Any forum users in the Moycullen or Oughterard area willing to bring me out. Will pay for petrol and lunch. Hopefully can replicate next year on lough ree. Thanks, Adrian

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

jemo

Yes there is, we fished last weekend had 5 to wets and one to buzzer, small fish in the main...mayfly should be up with the warm weather on the way..

johnW

Any mayfly on Corrib yet. I heard today there are lots on Derg but trout not taking them yet.

stylie

For the last week around Portacarron, the Bog and general area. Down the lake and deeper water not so much

seanie

I'm heading up on Thursday for just short of a week. Hopefully will hit it right.

suzuki15hp

I'm heading up on Thursday for just short of a week. Hopefully will hit it right.
Don't know what part you're going to Seanie but the top end is starting to liven up. Plenty olives hatching and quite a few mayfly at the weekend. I'm out tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know.

suzuki15hp

Don't know what part you're going to Seanie but the top end is starting to liven up. Plenty olives hatching and quite a few mayfly at the weekend. I'm out tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know.
Was out this afternoon but a cold blustery north wind kept the fish down. I never saw one fish in 4 hours but plenty of mayfly were hatching for the gulls. I believe there was the odd fish caught dapping. Tomorrow and Friday look much better with the wind to swing to the South. I'll be out both afternoons.

seanie

My boat is in Greenfields. No plan as to where we are going to fish yet. I did hear that a few fish were caught in the home bay.
Usually we head across the lake to Portacarron and Malachys area. Any ino would be most welcome. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -