lough erne

splinters

The fly's been up for a couple of weeks now and some great bags have been reported. I've seen boats with eight to ten fish and one guy brought in four fish for over seventeen pounds. I've also heard reports of total blanks so it's not fishing well everywhere. The best of it seems to be from the river mouth to the shallows around Stoney Island and down to the Black Rocks. I was there on Friday, we got seven. A lot of smaller fish are showing up as well as the two to three pounders you'd expect. I've seen lots of spent going out at all times of the day but haven't heard of any great gnat fishing as yet.
Got to go, the mate's just arrived and we're off again this morning.

S.

ozzcraig

Excellent! Thanks for the detailed response! Think I will head down this weekend for a throw. Fingers crossed!
Cheers
Craig

ozzcraig

The fly's been up for a couple of weeks now and some great bags have been reported. I've seen boats with eight to ten fish and one guy brought in four fish for over seventeen pounds. I've also heard reports of total blanks so it's not fishing well everywhere. The best of it seems to be from the river mouth to the shallows around Stoney Island and down to the Black Rocks. I was there on Friday, we got seven. A lot of smaller fish are showing up as well as the two to three pounders you'd expect. I've seen lots of spent going out at all times of the day but haven't heard of any great gnat fishing as yet.
Got to go, the mate's just arrived and we're off again this morning.

S.
How did you get on mate any more fish to the boat??

splinters

Sorry for the delay responding. We finished with fourteen fish for three days in total. Not exactly earth shattering but I've had worse years. Best fish around three pounds. I think the fish are going on to the fry now so that's it for this year. There were a couple of other forum members out, maybe they'll chip in. Did you get down at the weekend?

Simon.

ozzcraig

Hi simon, no unfortunately I didn't make it out. Took the outboard engine out of storage from winter and found that it needs new proshaft seal and a carb rebuild. Still waiting on parts so no fishing yet for myself. That's not bad fishing at all. Hoping I get up soon lol
Craig

Last edited:

ozzcraig

Has anyone been out this year? Was out last weekend had one for a pound out from castle archdale pulling wets
C