Loynton Trout Fishery

Pass us me net

Well we had our "jolly" today:) . We all caught fish as did most around the lakes, a little busy (to be expected really) but pleasent enough, will go again, probably in mid week.

Anyhow, Roy's mate Tony had this one in the first hour!

020.jpg

17 1/2 lbs
and 3 others after, but, broke his Hary Angel a little later, poor Tony, didn't know weather he should laugh :D or Cry:(

johntyzack

Bank or wading?

Gary,
Hope it was bank fishing only (for Roy's sake...)
Failing that, I hope you let him use his wading stick and preferably made sure there were no stones or weedbeds or anything in his peg???
Did you fall in Silver Fox???
JT

Pass us me net

you obviously have a story to tell John?:D , he was quite dry when i left him in the car park at 4pm this afternoon, there's a good 500 yards to the road though, a premature right turn could have seen him in oneof the lakes!!:eek:

royvs

johntyzack said:
Gary,
Hope it was bank fishing only (for Roy's sake...)
Failing that, I hope you let him use his wading stick and preferably made sure there were no stones or weedbeds or anything in his peg???
Did you fall in Silver Fox???
JT

:p :p :p :D

Gary,

It's all down to the complete incompetance of my guide on the Calder;) .

He just does not look after his clients properly. Doesn't make any effort to remove the boulders or level the river bed before taking you there....and then, to cap it all...he tells you to jump in and wade around with your eyes shut:eek:

and to think I'm going back for another dose at his Grayling weekend in Febuary and I'm looking forward to another dose of pain:)

SJY

Gary/Roy,

Glad to hear you had a good day. Took a client over today and he manged one, not bad for his first trip. Fishing was much slower today, but the fishery has been very busy over Christmas, so no real surprise. Talking to Pete, the best fish last week went 23lb 2oz!

Let me know when your coming over next time, if I'm free I'll come over.

Anyone planning a New Years Day outing should note the fishery is closed. It will resume normal fishing hours from Wednesday onward.

Steve

peanut_head75

It's practically on my door step so I go up quite a bit, though I've not been since December. Tough going for me last time but plenty of fish coming out for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peanut_head75

At the moment no as I've not been there for a while, although it's never muddy there it's also never gin clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexflyfisher1990

That's smashing, thanks for info, just didnt want it to be totally chocolately... will let you know how I get on, thanks!! Alex

roger h 10

Had a great day at Loynton on Tuesday with Jon (Peanut Head) despite the wind and overnight frost and snow.

We both caught fish although it was far from easy, I had opted for a kill first fish then C&R ticket at £20.00 which was very good value for money especially considering that my first fish weighed in at 18lb 2oz.

The biggest from Loynton this month and my biggest ever in 28 years of fly fishing.:thumbs::thumbs:

Latest posts