Major forum upgrade on it's way!

Wee Jimmy

No multi quote or quoted text function....oops there it is...:thumbs:

cb

Fish&Fly
Staff member
It is open but I'm working with server support to resolve speed issues. When we get to the bottom of it - I'll let you know!

It is still "Ground Under Repair" I'm afraid.

cb

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
It is open but I'm working with server support to resolve speed issues. When we get to the bottom of it - I'll let you know!

cb
Just logged in for the first time in 3 days.
Ground under repair?
Big hole in the ground perhaps?
Time to load pages/threads/forum lists very slow.
Is this how it will be going forward, or are there issues with the changeover(relating to speed) that you will fix?
regards
bert

- - - Updated - - -

cb
Just logged in for the first time in 3 days.
Ground under repair?
Big hole in the ground perhaps?
Time to load pages/threads/forum lists very slow.
Is this how it will be going forward, or are there issues with the changeover(relating to speed) that you will fix?
regards
bert

themind

Kent, garden of England with a hosepipe ban!
Ok the page loading is going very slowly. I'm averaging between 15 and 25 seconds per page to open on the forum. Compare this with the sister site in America where its taking a second or less.

Any ideas on whats happening? thats not just an indexing issue.

Steve

richardw

Trade Member
Someone put a message up on Facebook if and when the forum gets up to speed again. It is failing to load up photographs from URL or from own PC and everything is taking ages. It worked fine with the old software...

richard

3lbgrayling

C'mon Richard.You've been here before.you know the scrip.these upgrades never goe smoothly. In saying that it seems to be working fine for me.

Cap'n Fishy

C'mon Richard.You've been here before.you know the scrip.these upgrades never goe smoothly. In saying that it seems to be working fine for me.
Exactly. Jeezo - it's not like Admin haven't said in great big ****-off letters, "IT'S GOING TO BE RUNNING SLOW FOR A WHILE. PLEASE BEAR WITH US." And, "FIXES STILL IN PROGRESS". Even put a sticky at the top of the new posts page to this effect. And yet about half the new posts consist of people saying, "This new forum is very slow, isn't it?" Duh-uh!

So far, I only have one gripe... could we get the old "roll-eyes" emoticon back? The new one :)rolleyes:) is rubbish!

Col

sofasurfer

I like it, particularly the 'mark all forums read' button, get's rid of the boring bits with one click :)

vital

I don't think the update or the software are quite as slow as me! One question: what exactly is the 'Blog this post' button designed to do? I don't want to 'hit' it to find out, especially if it can't be reversed. High tech subject, low tech person you see...
Thanks in anticipation

Cap'n Fishy

I don't think the update or the software are quite as slow as me! One question: what exactly is the 'Blog this post' button designed to do? I don't want to 'hit' it to find out, especially if it can't be reversed. High tech subject, low tech person you see...
Thanks in anticipation
Yeh - I was wondering what that did too.

Last edited:

bibio1st

Why can't I post videos anymore, just links or like the last post with just youtube showing, I'm following the same things I did before :(

Oh yes, it's painfully slooooooow :eek:hno:

Steve

cb

Fish&Fly
Staff member

To load video - just use the video clip icon and insert url.

Or simply type :

Code:
[ video ]
around your video url
Code:
[ /video ]
(without the spaces)

Last edited:

bibio1st

Clear as mud to a Luddite like me, why can’t I copy the link from the share this video option and paste it in to my post like before?

Are we going to get the juke box music videos back?

Steve

mark miwurdz

Clear as mud to a Luddite like me, why can’t I copy the link from the share this video option and paste it in to my post like before?

Are we going to get the juke box music videos back?

Steve

From what cb is saying, you would have to edit your posts to put the video tags around the previous posts/links