Malham Tarn

Hagrid

Hagrid,

As you well know, when we head down south, the only noise we hear is the sound of someone driving the big white bus after 10 pints and a chinese on top!:eek:

We got ourselves a Donk!:cool:

Al
LB
Didn't happen this trip, it's either the chinese or I've lost my big white bus licence!:D:D:D

graylinghunter

tarn pictures for u tube slide show

please post your tarn pictures i am doing u tube slide show or email them to me grayling@blueyonder.co.uk
pictures can be
the fish trout perch other?
flies
fishing sun shine rain the tarn the main house the road the sign posts on route boat boat house the water fall houses.
thanks
Phil

graylinghunter

Re: Malham Tarn reel spool and fly line left in west boat house a couple of weeks back

I know its an outside chance but just realised today I have left a fly line with spool & line at malham tarn west boat house
if anyones found it please let me know

beryl

This so reminds me of Loe Pool in Cornwall. Trout to five pounds have been caught if they venture up the Cober. The perch are legendary and have been close to the national record. Sadly they have to be poached because of some conditions laid down when the property was handed over to the NT. The licence for a season is just twenty pounds. But that allows you to fish the shore from about 0.0001% of its shoreline. No wading, boating or probably float tubing makes this interesting bit of water well under its potential.

It has a huge population of roach too... Lots of food.

I did recently suggest their angst over not knowing the fish population could be be cured by allowing it free to all anglers with just a condition they uploaded their catch through a simple app. No reply so far...

Latest posts