Maradonna - what a player!

lipslicker

Banned
Banned
Rather than a video of him in his prime, I think this, showing his skills when he was already old, fat and failing, better demonstrates how truly extraordinary he was as a player.
Just epic.

G

GEK79

Rather than a video of him in his prime, I think this, showing his skills when he was already old, fat and failing, better demonstrates how truly extraordinary he was as a player.
Just epic.

Great bid mate its simple he just had it. His whole life he had that gift. And he will be remembered for many things. In my eyes a superstar.

ey_tony

Every time I see his name I seem to get it into my head we're talking about Maj! :)

He was an excellent player in his time for sure!(y)

benisa

would we have gone on to win the world cup ( when the hand of God ) helped Argentina beat us : maybe.
modern days RED card and off the pitch and gone like the wind !

G

GEK79

would we have gone on to win the world cup ( when the hand of God ) helped Argentina beat us : maybe.
Having a look at the draw.. Possibly the finals but doubt England would have beaten West Germany.. But as we know we didn't get there and still live in a memory of 66..maybe 2066 will be our year.

benisa

If they are still playing football in 2066 + would think not many of us on here will be around to see it

lipslicker

Banned
Banned

Is it a red?
Are you sure?
I thought only defenders got a red, for saving a goal.

In light of the fact we won the Falklands by cheating (bombing the Belgrano when it was sailing back to port) I feel we got off lightly with just a goal against us.

And, after all, that second goal was worthy of the World Cup on its own, being that it was voted the best ever goal of the Century.

I can overlook his naughtiness when put against such brilliance. flawed heroes are everywhere.

Did Muhammad Ali rip his glove?

G

GEK79

Is it a red?
Are you sure?
I thought only defenders got a red, for saving a goal.

In light of the fact we won the Falklands by cheating (bombing the Belgrano when it was sailing back to port) I feel we got off lightly with just a goal against us.

And, after all, that second goal was worthy of the World Cup on its own, being that it was voted the best ever goal of the Century.

I can overlook his naughtiness when put against such brilliance. flawed heroes are everywhere.

Did Muhammad Ali rip his glove?
Now I'm a fan of the man in question but have you seen the 30 seconds before the goal of the century. Worth a look it would also appear tbe ref was never going to let England win...

lipslicker

Banned
Banned
Now I'm a fan of the man in question but have you seen the 30 seconds before the goal of the century. Worth a look it would also appear tbe ref was never going to let England win...

No. Will I even find it online now?

Did he hack someone down or something?

BobP

I expect there are some on here who will say that Hoddle dived and so England got what they deserved.

Lipslicker can't even get his modern history right. The Belgrano was torpedoed not bombed and there was nothing to stop it from reversing course and attacking our ships which doubtless Lipslicker would have preferred.

G

GEK79

I expect there are some on here who will say that Hoddle dived and so England got what they deserved.

Lipslicker can't even get his modern history right. The Belgrano was torpedoed not bombed and there was nothing to stop it from reversing course and attacking our ships which doubtless Lipslicker would have preferred.
Its a difference of opinions initially on this thread one says naaraddonna was an a55 others say he wasn't.. Hodske did nit dive he was hammered in front of the ref.. The same ref that allowed the infamous goal.. Yes Maradona was an eejit in his life.. I'm sure we all aren't perfect.. The thread is about a footballer who was ahead of his time was the player of his Era..
The Falklands somehow has crept into the thread by various parties which has nothing to do with Maradona... Sad to see another thread being taken apart because of big opinions...

lipslicker

Banned
Banned

A torpedo is a delivery device for a bomb.
And, no, I wouldn't have preferred that.

The Falklands somehow has crept into the thread by various parties which has nothing to do with Maradona... Sad to see another thread being taken apart because of big opinions...

Only mentioned because it was quite important at the time, and the game was built up as a rerun of '82.

That is why he was so lauded in Argentina, because he had single handedly (a very apt pun) given the nation some revenge for the humiliation they had faced.

The game was massive at the time, because of that war. For both sides.

G

GEK79

A torpedo is a delivery device for a bomb.
And, no, I wouldn't have preferred that.

Only mentioned because it was quite important at the time, and the game was built up as a rerun of '82.

That is why he was so lauded in Argentina, because he had single handedly (a very apt pun) given the nation some revenge for the humiliation they had faced.

The game was massive at the time, because of that war. For both sides.
Mate I understand the importance and history of the game as you say he single handedly did the English. It was more a frustration at the great thread going downhill. Not a pop at you nate at all..