Mark Roberts Fly Fishing

falsecast

Welcome to the forums Mark. Really enjoy your videos, very informative and well presented

uskman

Pro Member
I fished at Bigs wear on Thursday on the River Wye for salmon.
It was great to see so many fish but the water temp was up to 70 degrees and I didn't touch a fish.
Keep up with the rain dances for we need lots and lots of rain otherwise my fear is that these fish will soon be seriously stressed with the heat.

Mostyn

Hi Mark,

How are you? Great to see you posting on here, I look forward to your input; and reading about your fishing on the River Usk!

Welcome!!

Mostyn

uskman

Pro Member
Last day of the salmon season on the Usk and Wye. Both have had a diffcult year with fish catches still dropping.
The Grayling are on the top on the Upper Wye and we shall be having fun there soon enough.
As one chapter ends another begins

uskman

Pro Member
Slow Mo Casting Video showing

Hi all

I thought you may get some use from this slow mo video on the snap T and C
showing the hand movements

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97O4vKdVxkE]YouTube - The Snap T Cast - Hardy & Greys Academy Demonstration[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOyEQPE2ME&feature=fvsr]YouTube - Hardy & Greys Academy member, Mark Roberts demonstrates the Snap C Cast[/ame]

hope it helps

uskman

Pro Member
For those of you in the area of Newport in S.Wales there will be a hog roast and fly Tying demo on the afternoon of Sunday 6th March 2011 with many notable tiers run by the Gwent Angling Society to raise funds for our annual Junior Academy.

for full details and directions follow this link Society Fly Tying Demo 2011 | Club News

Hope to see you all there

Last edited:

uskman

Pro Member
River Usk so Far 2011 Season

Well what an odd season it has been to start. Great water which resulted in at least two fresh springers on opening day and since hardly anything. The river levels have dropped and the Large Dark Olive didn't really come in the number expected.
At this time we should be starting with the grannom hatches. Well the truth is they have come and gone. Like the daffodils they were three weeks early.
Smaller olives starting to come off but the fish appear to be keeping safe in the deep holes and those that do come out are coughing up cased caddis.

With the cold winds dropping and the expectation of rain we can only hope for improvement. Don't worry however its still a fantastic trout river.

If you are interested there is a presentation on the River Usk on Countryfile being broadcast on Easter Sunday.

burhan

Hi Mark. Great thread mate. Very informative with some great links. Hopefully see you again at the next event or in the river sometime.

Burhan

Latest posts