Matchcatch

jaybeegee

Has anyone had problems ordering from Maxcatch recently? I can select items, but can’t progress with the order past checkout into payment options. I’ve been trying for a week or so and never had a problem before. No response from customer service either.
B
That’s “Maxcatch”. :eek:mg:

Last edited:

noel

No I got through straight away on my S5 just remember to scroll down on the page for your cheap p & p.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

noel

Rob when I got to the payment page the 1st p&p was for approx £10 but on scrolling down there was the postage for £2.85.

noel

Rob I have just checked it out on an item you must give the page a second or so to reload but when I got to the payment page I had 2 options express for £10 or standard for free p&p.

diawl bach

I have interesting experiences with Maxcatch, the sales team is quite helpful but have poor language skills leaving an ambiguity in our email conversations

No problem ordering online so far, the issue's getting the correct order through.

My last order was refunded in full after they found one type of hook was out of stock and that was that. The first hurdle in the transaction was a pair of shades I'd bought, available but with different colour lenses to the ones I'd chosen. Having settled that issue it all went down the pan when it emerged that the hooks had sold out - apparently online orders go through regardless of what's in the warehouse.

On contacting them they're re-shipping the order with substitute hooks plus more free gifts for the hassle. A peculiar trading environment, not for the faint hearted perhaps.

Having said that I'm using a complete Maxcatch set -up in a 3 weight currently, the whole lot, rod reel and line cost me £45, it casts really well, feels good and catches fish.

gg76

I have also been struggling to order from them. I manage through to the payment and postage page then it just says to try again later? I also received a £10 free voucher code (as1004) that has varying rewards depending on refferals. Has anyone else received this code?
Ps feel free to use the code

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

lukewarm

I have interesting experiences with Maxcatch, the sales team is quite helpful but have poor language skills leaving an ambiguity in our email conversations

No problem ordering online so far, the issue's getting the correct order through.

My last order was refunded in full after they found one type of hook was out of stock and that was that. The first hurdle in the transaction was a pair of shades I'd bought, available but with different colour lenses to the ones I'd chosen. Having settled that issue it all went down the pan when it emerged that the hooks had sold out - apparently online orders go through regardless of what's in the warehouse.

On contacting them they're re-shipping the order with substitute hooks plus more free gifts for the hassle. A peculiar trading environment, not for the faint hearted perhaps.

Having said that I'm using a complete Maxcatch set -up in a 3 weight currently, the whole lot, rod reel and line cost me £45, it casts really well, feels good and catches fish.
Which rod is that DB?

I’ve found them pretty good in the main but I’ve only ordered small things & when the voucher codes turn up :rolleyes:

diawl bach

Which rod is that DB?

I’ve found them pretty good in the main but I’ve only ordered small things & when the voucher codes turn up :rolleyes:
It's this one mate LINK If you want to try it out send a PM.

I bought it to see if that length and weight suited dry fly on the Taff, as the #4 weight outfit (Orvis) which I was using lacked the delicacy I was after. I'd intended buying a pricier rod after but as this one delivers I haven't bothered.

The reel's a CNC Bio in black, costs 10.51p, get it !

I'd like to try one of the Toray rods they're selling in an 8'4 #3, if anyone happens to buy one in this half of the country and wouldn't mind me having a cast with it could they let me know please?

BobP

I go through Amazon for Maxcatch leaders . Ok, they cost a bit more, but at least they aren't on a slow boat from China. Last lot was ordered at 5pm on one day and delivered by 11am the next. About £1.38 each.

speytime

I ordered 10 tapers they arrived 12 days later 38p each.
Im waiting on another order which I expect in a similar time going on past experience.

Al

noel

Al amongst my last order of those a couple didn't have pre tied loops but I am now using a nail knot tool to attach them to my fly line.

lukewarm

It's this one mate LINK If you want to try it out send a PM.

I bought it to see if that length and weight suited dry fly on the Taff, as the #4 weight outfit (Orvis) which I was using lacked the delicacy I was after. I'd intended buying a pricier rod after but as this one delivers I haven't bothered.

The reel's a CNC Bio in black, costs 10.51p, get it !

I'd like to try one of the Toray rods they're selling in an 8'4 #3, if anyone happens to buy one in this half of the country and wouldn't mind me having a cast with it could they let me know please?
Thank you DB and for the offer :thumbs: .. but I thought maybe you were talking shorter rod wise as I’m looking for something between 6-7ft for mountain streams and those heavily canopied areas . You can’t really go wrong with the reels , there are two here :fish2:

ejw

Tried Maxcatch for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago, ordered rod (fast action 3wt 7') reel (rainbow 3/4wt £10.31p) and a 3wt floating line (green). Had a note to say the centre was on holiday over the weekend, then an email to say the rod was out of stock. I sent an email saying I would take the 7'6" version or similar at the same price (or less). Order arrived last weekend 3 days after my email ! Absolutely brilliant. All set up now, just need to get out and try it in the river, cast well in the garden, line has no memory and very supple. Reel is great especially for the price. Whole lot cost me £36 including free postage. Will use them again, best bit had to get my wife to pay by Paypal, easiest way. Win win.
Eddie

speytime

The ones i received don't have loops in them either Noel i just tie a perfection loop then loop it to my braided loop that passes through my guides without any problems.

For use on a river I don't mind a fixed taper/leader but for stillwater fishing I use a few variations, polytips, fluoro tapers nylon tapers and my own home made efforts so I prefer the loop to loop connection.
Here's one I use on rivers
DSC_0420.jpg
It's a cut back taper roughed up with sand paper then pushed up inside the core of line then whipped and aquasured to prevent it fraying.

AlDSC_0420.jpg

Last edited:

BobP

When I want 10 or 20 leaders I want then now, or as soon as, not in three weeks when the boat docks - if it does. Therefore it is worth it to me to get them via Amazon at a higher price which is still half that charged by tackle shops or Go Outdoors and the product is just as good. Doesn't matter a damn to the novice whether the leader comes in a pretty packet or a plain plastic envelope, he'll trash it just as quickly whatever.

speytime

BobP why don't you order some to have at hand when needed?
A £10 saving per pack isn't to be sniffed at and there better to look at than to look for :thumbs:

Al

BobP

Al,

In the winter I'm flat out with working gundogs so buying leaders for a season that is 3-4 months away is not top of my "must do" list. Dog food and vet's bills are. As long as I can get 10 or 20 leaders from Maxcatch via Amazon in 1-2 days when I am running short I'm OK with that. At present I have about 20 in hand so am comfortable with that amount. When it gets down to 10 I'll be on the internet.

Looking at some of the above I get the feeling that they are going to be lucky to get their orders by Christmas - and I won't specify which Christmas!