Matchcatch

Gdog

From the Maxcatch website, under "Rod cases and protectors" -

Fly fishing is a traditional form of fishing with a long heritage. Back in the day, fly fishermen carried their rods naked because modern, lightweight materials were not available, and fly fishermen are very mobile.

Who knew...

Skaj
Could be awkward if there were lots of biting midges.

skajtrout

Anyone found a decent salmon reel? Been thinking about getting the LD Expert Waterproof Large Arbor CNC Machine Cut Fly Reel for single hand salmon spey and Classsic Disc Drag System CNC Machine Cut Aluminum Fly Reel for my double hand #8 and #10 rods.

Anyone tried these yet?
I had one of the Classic CLA reels in size 5/7. They’re very decent reels for the money but they are a bit on the heavy side.

The 5/7 and 7/9 sizes are on the Bay for a fair bit less than they are on the Maxcatch website:

Maxcatch is not the seller here but they are the same reels, hope that helps.

Skaj

Last edited:

redietz

Re the two free lines: As somebody above said, the orange line is a single handed spey. Almost all the weight is going to be in the first 15 or 20 feet. The rest is thin running line. The teal line is most likely double taper, and will be thick for most of its length.

Last edited:

Paul_B

Its passed on much the same as any flu, colds or norovirus, someone sneezing someone whos infected and touches a door handle etc. if you buy something give it a clean and burn the packaging then wash your hands well.
I don't know how long it lasts on a hard surface but the bait boppers I've bought have been washed in kitchen cleaner just in case :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

running bear

Anyone found a decent salmon reel? Been thinking about getting the LD Expert Waterproof Large Arbor CNC Machine Cut Fly Reel for single hand salmon spey and Classsic Disc Drag System CNC Machine Cut Aluminum Fly Reel for my double hand #8 and #10 rods.

Anyone tried these yet?
I bought the original Piscifun sword 9/10 for a switch rod/pike fly rod and when I got it I realized it’s probably better suited to a longer rod, so it’s spooled up with a 9# 51’ head floating Spey line with plenty of backing and it goes lovely on a 13’.

jaybeegee

I tried the 'delay' code today and it worked!....Has anyone purchased a Nano nymph rod?
I have a Perception Nymph 10' 3# and like it for euro style nymphing with a long leader, but it's not as versatile as the Agility 2 and I'm not comfortable using it with a fly line. Still good value though.
Hope that helps.
B

Gdog

I saw this reel on Aliexpress from a seller called Sougayilang, and decided to buy it as it seemed like a good deal;

Then I noticed that it seems to have a paint finish rather than anodised.:confused:

Maxcatch sell the same reel but it has an anodised finish;

The Maxcatch reel costs £62.41 compared to the Sougayilang reel which costs £23.85, so apart from the paint finish I could have a bargain, hopefully the drag works better than the Proberos reel I bought on Aliexpress in October, which was a pile of :poop:

P.S. I bought the Sougayilang reel on Friday night on my phone around midnight after a few beers 🍺 - never a wise move.

murph

Has anyone ordered anything recently? Just wondering if they are back upto speed before placing an order.