Matchcatch

speytime

Lewis, I'm not trying to spoil your day, but Maxcatch have a new die cast reel called the Gaze, it looks very like the Guideline Reach apart from different coloured anodising on the drag mechanism, drag adjustment knob etc. check it out on the Maxcatch website.

I paid about £170 for a Snowbee Spectre cassette reel, it's a cassette version of the Maxcatch LD Expert Waterproof Large Arbour CNC machine cut reel, they could have shortened the name. 🙁

Some of the other posts have noted that Maxcatch / Leichi China have numerous very famous fly fishing brands as partners noted on their website I.e. these brands buy Maxcatch products and have their logos applied. Guideline is one of these brands.

The ubiquitous Maxcatch.
Are the spools interchangeable between the spectre and LD?

Al

Lewis Chessman

No worries, Gdog. After I decided that my Eco wasn't up to scratch I had to get something else quite quickly and China was in/just coming out of lock down, or 'holiday' as they called it. I daren't risk any delay as the big day was approaching so I bought from the UK just to be safe.

Yeah ..... that's one helluva long name! :giggle:

speytime

Al, I Don't know if they are, there's only one way to find out 😁
I would like a spare but not at the money they are asking.
I've mentioned in the past about the inside of a Piscifun sword being the exact same parts inside as my spectre, i was sure they were made in the same place.
I've more reels than I could possibly use but if I they are the same reels I'd buy one, when I've got time I'll check the measurements and take it from there.

Cheers Al

Gdog

I would like a spare but not at the money they are asking.
I've mentioned in the past about the inside of a Piscifun sword being the exact same parts inside as my spectre, i was sure they were made in the same place.
I've more reels than I could possibly use but if I they are the same reels I'd buy one, when I've got time I'll check the measurements and take it from there.

Cheers Al
I checked the weight and overall diameter for these reels for the 5/6 weight and both reels have the same measurements. I was thinking of buying a spare spool but like you I have enough reels.

Waltyluft

..... Maxcatch have a new die cast reel called the Gaze, it looks very like the Guideline Reach apart from different coloured anodising on the drag mechanism, drag adjustment knob etc. check it out on the Maxcatch website.
Looks similar(ish). The cage is quite different.

In a similar way, the Avid looks rather like a Guideline Favo. I have both reels and the Favo is massively better.

The Chinese are undoubtedly the masters at stripping down, copying and making cheap look-a-likes.

A pal of mine used to design control systems for power stations. A chinese company bought one and I'm told within the year copies were installed in many more power stations across China! I'm not even sure the UK one was ever even installed. Just stripped and copied.

noel

Had a look at the prices of these rods the Skyhigh £140 and the Fibreglass Orange £45 so not a bad deal p.s. I have rounded off these prices .

Damo

They ve got some more good offers on at the moment too.

If you spend over 150 Dollars you can use the code over150 to get 25% off.

If you spend over 200 Dollars you can write a note to them saying `free CRA case for spending over 200 Dollars` and you get the case for free - its normally 78 Dollars.

If you spend 200 Dollars I wonder if you could combine both...
`

tierradelfuego

So, not saying this has worked as although the money has been taken, we'll see if the goods are delivered in due course.

What I did was change the order to $AUD.

I was ordering a reel and line as a back up which came to £33.62 when ordering in GBP.

Changing the currency to $AUD the same items come to $57.74, which is circa £29 at current exchange rate of $1.98 to £1 using an Amex or Visa, so not a huge saving but a little over 10% before you add any voucher code you have.

Obviously this is not guaranteed either to succeed or in terms of the exchange rate or charges but that's what I got.

Paul_B

After seeing MrTrouts chest bag I ordered a shoulder bag and that came this morning, good quality and it came with a bag of brass frog head things (for want of a better description) and a retractable reel for snips etc

patk

I bought a pair of the polarised glasses that wraparound and allow other glasses to be worn underneath. Have used them the last few days and have to say they are great. I've bought many cheaper sunglasses over the years as I always misplace/lose them. These are the best budget ones I've had.

Latest posts