Matchcatch

speytime

@Fredmoore some people have had hassle recently due to the current situation, any orders I made bar one yesterday was last year, all of them arrived in 11/17 days, 1 order was 2 sink lines, one had a pig tail I couldn't stretch out, i contacted them and they sent me another two lines, and some crystal flash for tying with, there customer service is good ime, there's a couple of others things they've done that earned my respect.
I hope it works well out for you 🤞

Al

speytime

A sleepless night had me sorting out lines, the maxcatch "alleged" 6ips was a pleasant surprise when it came off the reel nice and limp, the 3ips needs a stretch of the reel the 6ips is completely different, it's actually pretty good 👍

i tested the sink rate with a piece of its running line (I've a spare) it was 2ips which I think puts it nearer 3/4ips not 6ips, it's certainly a bargain if you're after a cheap sink line.

Al

devondabbler

I'm going to order up another couple of Maxcatch 'Real Gold' lines - Really pleased with the 2 that I've already bought.
Anyone know the best discount code to use? I see that Delay is possibly still valid (15% off).

Paul

devondabbler

By the way, I contacted Maxcatch by email yesterday and they are still operating but due to the current health crisis shipping is taking much longer than usual.

Paul

noel

Those of us who have been using them for a while were expecting this , I have put on hold buying anything for a while as I don't think I will get fishing until next year .

Fredmoore

@Fredmoore some people have had hassle recently due to the current situation, any orders I made bar one yesterday was last year, all of them arrived in 11/17 days, 1 order was 2 sink lines, one had a pig tail I couldn't stretch out, i contacted them and they sent me another two lines, and some crystal flash for tying with, there customer service is good ime, there's a couple of others things they've done that earned my respect.
I hope it works well out for you 🤞

Al
I received an email yesterday,apologising profusely and promising to send order express delivery,I will keep forum posted with outcome.I do think,however that in view of everything China related,and the hassle I have encountered,I will go back to fully supporting my local dealer,when they reopen,god knows he will need all the support he can get,even though I am aware of the origins of the tackle in shop.At the end of the day,you can’t beat going in the shop,looking and assessing things in person,and paying/walking out with whatever takes your fancy.

noel

I received an email yesterday,apologising profusely and promising to send order express delivery,I will keep forum posted with outcome.I do think,however that in view of everything China related,and the hassle I have encountered,I will go back to fully supporting my local dealer,when they reopen,god knows he will need all the support he can get,even though I am aware of the origins of the tackle in shop.At the end of the day,you can’t beat going in the shop,looking and assessing things in person,and paying/walking out with whatever takes your fancy.
I would love to be able to do that but as my local shop is only coarse and sea I am buggered on that front btw the shop is 4mins walk from my house .

blithfield2

The Australians, like the USA, are pushing for an enquiry into this pandemic and in return the Chinese are threatening a trade boycott!

And some of us are still falling over ourselves to obtain cheap tat!

speytime

The Australians, like the USA, are pushing for an enquiry into this pandemic and in return the Chinese are threatening a trade boycott!

And some of us are still falling over ourselves to obtain cheap tat!
That cheap tat has replaced a barrio and a snowbee xs+, presumably you've not tried the gold or shs line?
Eta...
I couldn’t resist this 🤣_20200407_124825.JPG
✌

Al

blithfield2

None of us are innocent.

Perhaps Global manufacturers will be forced to look at their own procurement policies and then perhaps not!

How many times have folk on here bemoaned the failing British fishing tackle industry but then resorted to the world wide web.

Perhaps we should be questioning the likes of Simms and Rio?

william henry

I am going to endeavour to not buy Chinese made products ever again , albeit going to be a difficult task .

Last edited:

Fredmoore

I
I am going to endeavour to not buy Chinese ever again as should any right minded person .
I too ,am going to try and buy british,IF I can get what I need at a fair price,though this may be easier said than done,maybe if enough people were like minded,there could possibly be a change down the line,I shall start this year when I change my car,I have a Kia Sportage,which has been faultless,however this time I am 99% thinking of replacing with Nissan ,which I realise is Japanese origin but at least it would help as they are assembled in north east,just a little gesture,but if price is going to be our only consideration then our economy will never improve.

PaulD

None of us are innocent.

Perhaps Global manufacturers will be forced to look at their own procurement policies and then perhaps not!

How many times have folk on here bemoaned the failing British fishing tackle industry but then resorted to the world wide web.

Perhaps we should be questioning the likes of Simms and Rio?
Orvis reels (American) used to be manufactured in Falmouth, Cornwall - they took over the English, K P Morritt, Intrepid factory, then they moved to China.

In comparison with Simms, Rio, Orvis etc, there is no British Fishing Tackle Industry, there hasn't been one for very many years.

ejw

Last "tackle" shops in my area were Orvis and Meadow fishery, both now gone, the latter sold up to retire, bought by a non fishing person with no commercial interest in starting a business, just a home. Orvis, just announced they were closing the store ! Both were well visited by anglers keen to keep them open. Now I only have "online", so feel somewhat let down, certainly by Orvis. So now no loyalty, as it seems customers don't spend enough ! Having seen the "online" prices, not sure I would go back. If I want to "see" goods will wait for the BFFI.
Being of an age, with no kids, selfishly I have enough to last my lifetime (at least). On the plus side maybe with this pandemic, it may encourage "British" manufacturers to look at the fishing trade and we produce our own ???? We can but hope.

willie_r

I'd ordered a few odds and sods from the Maxcatch site only a couple of weeks ago. It arrived in the post today. All present and correct, too. I suppose the bigger stuff takes longer, though. I may hit them up for a wee reel and one of their Gold lines.

Latest posts