Matchcatch

boisker

To clarify... my point wasn’t we shouldn’t buy from China...

I don’t care where you buy stuff from

and there is certainly no link to caring about the NHS or people falling ill with Covid

blithfield2

To clarify... my point wasn’t we shouldn’t buy from China...

I don’t care where you buy stuff from

and there is certainly no link to caring about the NHS or people falling ill with Covid

Well, I think there is a link between people falling falling ill with Covid and China, which does then effect the NHS - which answers the above. But we will all agree to disagree.

boisker

There’s a Covid link to China... but are you suggesting the link is from stuff purchased from China???

ohanzee

I have myself spent £50 direct from maxcatch,mainly out of curiosity and boredom,and what surprised me is how all this stuff is slipping through customs without any import tax,which would help the government coffers,and help towards a more level playing field.I was under the impression rightly or wrongly that import tax should be paid.
Just to put your mind at ease..

''As with any International purchase, you are subject to Customs Fees and possible taxes for items with a value over $200. ... Sellers get none of these fees and taxes and eBay makes buyers responsible for these fees''

After brexit Jacob Rees Mogg et al wants something similar to apply globally, this is 'trading with the rest of the world', and rather than British people buying British, reinventing British manufacturing to revive a more sustainable British economy, free trade will be the core of an 'agile' new economy based on trade.

ohanzee

Pity this thread which is predominately for Maxcatch users is turning into a slagging off the Chinese thread.
if you don’t wish to buy from China then fine, but please only participate here if you are a buyer with feedback on your purchases, good or bad.
S.
Sorry, just read, I think you may have lost it to those that voted to trade with the rest of the world and only just realised what that meant.

sean freeman

I do mostly buy western made gear but have to say my Piscifun sword reels are rock solid and very light for the absurdly low price. No worries knocking them off rocks. I’m sure Maxcatch do a sage style clicker that looks smart too, anyone tried one?

jaybeegee

I do mostly buy western made gear but have to say my Piscifun sword reels are rock solid and very light for the absurdly low price. No worries knocking them off rocks. I’m sure Maxcatch do a sage style clicker that looks smart too, anyone tried one?
I’ve had one for a couple of seasons and I use it a lot. I think I paid about £60, a very good reel.
B

B7C6C6CC-AF8A-4689-9DF4-E5A74CEB6942.jpeg(

Last edited:

jaybeegee

Can you get spare spools? and the essential question for me...is the click as sweet as the Sage?
I can’t answer either question, sorry. Based on my experience with Leichi and Maxcatch, I guess they would accommodate a request for a spare spool. I think Mr Trout has owned both the Sage Click and SA Clicker, he may offer an opinion.

B

Mrtrout

I can’t answer either question, sorry. Based on my experience with Leichi and Maxcatch, I guess they would accommodate a request for a spare spool. I think Mr Trout has owned both the Sage Click and SA Clicker, he may offer an opinion.

B
I did have one of those, it’s actually a very close copy, I own the Sage one as well, and both sound much the same.
I would request a spare clicker or two as well though they can wear out.
S.