Matchcatch

sculpin_crusader

I recently tried the very basic £4 posted standard WF floater in a pale sage green. I have to be honest, I was pretty impressed with it, suited my daiwa lochmor X very well and didn't take any getting used to which I found with the last WF4 i bought a couple of seasons ago, the line had no memory, it was supple and slick; an absolute bargain. I also have the same line in a 3 weight and will use that in due course though I expec much the same results and that was only £3 odd posted.

Oldbones

I have ordered one of the revolving fly tying bench caddys, we will see how that goes, but its taken a while and its still not here.

noel

I recently tried the very basic £4 posted standard WF floater in a pale sage green. I have to be honest, I was pretty impressed with it, suited my daiwa lochmor X very well and didn't take any getting used to which I found with the last WF4 i bought a couple of seasons ago, the line had no memory, it was supple and slick; an absolute bargain. I also have the same line in a 3 weight and will use that in due course though I expec much the same results and that was only £3 odd posted.
They are the lines I first bought and showed Steven MrT and the Lls at one of our meets .

noel

1 or 2 people keep asking about the company on Fb so I just refer them to here but there are a couple of peeps on there who must think it's brilliant to say that they will provide a discount code , they have never come back and said they can better the codes we find . Just a little rant .

Gdog

The fly box I ordered on 13th March eventually arrived today, the package looked a little bit bigger than I expected. I had ordered a single bamboo fly box with a strap to clip to my vest. Instead I got two different bamboo fly boxes, no strap, but I'm delighted with the extra free fly box. The box with two rows of slotted foam has pieces of marabou and hackles caught in the foam, it must have been a display item. Thanks to Maxcatch for the extra free box.

Attachments

running bear

North County Dublin, but always a South Down man
received End of last week 3 x skagits and a wf2 gold. Ordered mid October.

The gold is by far the thinnest 2 weight PVC line I’ve ever seen. It’s super limp and will do the job nicely.

tried the 350gr skagit on a shakey oracle switch 7/8 in the sea this afternoon. It was blowing a fizzier Into my face, and I struggled to get the most from it. I felt the rod too soft in those conditions and have only ever tried skagits on grass before. The line is really smooth and supple and I’m sure will go fine on the river. I put my Barrio switch back on the same rod and it was fine into the wind, although leader turnover was still difficult, casting single handed a double haul was fairly effective.

Akroyd

Ordered a small 6ft #2wt rod plus reel from Matchcatch last Friday. Arrived today, exactly one week later. Impressive. They had thrown in some line plus a couple of neck buffs. Have not used it yet, but it all looks good, especially for the price. DELAY code still gives a discount.

pipsull

That’s encouraging, I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday so we’ll see how long it takes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

noel

I don't do any river fishing but that looks a good offer don't forget to go via the website and register with them to get your freebies and use the code Delay for 15% discount . The website is a little slow to load , give it time to react and click on free p&p.

Fredmoore

currently looking at this kit to fish small rivers, brooks and ponds.

wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it. also would they recommend the 6ft 2w or the 7'6 3w?

thanks.
I have recently bought this exact outfit and can only say it is exceptional value for money,I bought the 3# 7.5 and have used it on my local small rivers for small browns on the dry fly.it has performed so well that my friend has just ordered an identical set up.

biginjapan1

I have recently bought this exact outfit and can only say it is exceptional value for money,I bought the 3# 7.5 and have used it on my local small rivers for small browns on the dry fly.it has performed so well that my friend has just ordered an identical set up.

thanks all. Will get this ordered now along with a few other bits!

speytime

Just bought the 6ips sinking line using delay £5.95 delivered .
You won't regret it, for £6 it's amazing value for money, the 6ips in particular, i had my one out this afternoon and I was surprised/impressed at how little memory it has, it's soft and doesn't have a great deal of stretch, the 3ips for some reason has a real memory issue of the reel its a different kettle of fish?

Al

original cormorant

I'm trying to make sense of the differences between various maxcatch reels - in particular FMD, VM and Sparta. Does anyone have experience of any of these?

Latest posts