Matchcatch

speytime

Which net did you like? min. order 100 pieces
Actually I think I see my own net for around £5 I paid £34.99 from GAC 😂
_20200718_164227.JPG
But that odd shaped one caught my eye its at least quirky if pointless.
If that's the one you liked we only need another 98 takers.
_20200718_164619.JPG
This one.

Al

Last edited:

original cormorant

So fellow alchemists, what is this sh1t then?

View attachment 28891

"Yo-Zuri Hybrid Line, Hybrid is the first and only fishing line that molecularly bonds nylon and fluorocarbon during extrusion. The result is a strong, dense new material that Masterline calls Hybrid. Hybrid takes advantage of abrasion resistance and sensitivity of fluorocarbon, while utilizing the flexibility and stretch of nylon."
Theres enough irrelevant stuff on here without nippon mono.

sp8

So fellow alchemists, what is this sh1t then?

View attachment 28891

"Yo-Zuri Hybrid Line, Hybrid is the first and only fishing line that molecularly bonds nylon and fluorocarbon during extrusion. The result is a strong, dense new material that Masterline calls Hybrid. Hybrid takes advantage of abrasion resistance and sensitivity of fluorocarbon, while utilizing the flexibility and stretch of nylon."
It's actually a very good line that I and several others I know use for salmon fishing. It's Maxima diameter/ bs equivalent so not sure I'd bother for trout fishing. It knots really well and in my tests breaks considerably above the stated bs. I don't know about all the scientific gobbledegook but I thought Asso sold a hybrid line too.

SP8

FluffChuck

Does anyone have feedback on the Maxcatch Flurocarbon? Seems a good price so went for a three pack..

Cheers
Fluff

Maxcatch Grand Line

Haven't seen any mention on here so thought I'd do a quick review. Bought this line as Barrio had no Smallstream in stock, its a short head, overweighted weight forward line, a direct copy of Rio Grand.

When ordering I was a little hesitant about the colour as I thought the head looked a bit brighter than I'd like for the style of fishing I had in mind. I also thought the extra weight combined with the short head might be a negative for gentle presentation of drys.

Anyway it arrived last week and I spooled it up ready for a day on the Dove on Friday. Initial impressions were that the head colour was actually much more toned down than I thought from the pics which was a good thing, it was also lovely and soft. On the negatives the line did seem a little 'wrinkled' even after a good stretch, hard to explain it had little memory or coiling but didn't lie dead straight, also I thought it looked a bit slim in profile which might hamper mending. Anyway it was on now so I'd give it a go.

To cut a long story short it performed impeccably. It absolutely flew through the rings with minimal false casting and delivered a sz16 retirer sedge on a 2.5lb tippet beautifully. Floated as well as any line I've ever used, was dead straight within half an hours fishing and stayed that way, it was genuinely a pleasure to use. I managed 6 grayling and 7 brownies all on the dry and had a cracking day.

Honest truth I was absolutely gobsmacked, I've never spent £100 on a line so can't compare with the top end of the market but I've regularly spent £50 and this stuff doesn't just compare with those lines its actually better, and all for £9 odd after discount!

I haven't tried the Gold yet as I don't need any but if it's as good as the Grand I can't see me ever using another companies floating lines again.

skajtrout

I think they only have one method of post Banksie, Express means they post it out within a couple of days. Free means they hang on to it 3 weeks before posting it :ROFLMAO:
It had never occurred to me before but I reckon you’re absolutely spot on there mate.

Skaj

catzrob

@catzrob I think a real gold would be difficult to improve on in regards soft/supple the only thing I'd expect to be diffrent is the profile on priciest lines.
If you/me/they had unlimited budget where could any improvements be made on a real gold?

Al
Fair enough! Can't argue with that.

I'm still interested in the quality of the stuff that's actually expensive (even if cheap compared with "branded") though. Any experiences?

noel

Take time and read through this thread it is not all about the Real Gold line .

I'm still interested in the quality of the stuff that's actually expensive (even if cheap compared with "branded") though. Any experiences?

jaybeegee

My most expensive Maxcatch buy is an SA Clicker 3/4, it’s an excellent reel at a fraction of the price of a Sage Click and it’s been in regular use for a couple of seasons. I’m currently waiting on delivery of a 2/3 weight model to pair with my brook rod. Incidentally, I also have a Sage reel in regular use, but I can’t say I prefer it over the Maxcatch, they both do the job very well.

B

speytime

It's refreshing to hear an unbiased comment on a budget reel versus a top brand, some people can't put the name aside and look at things for what they are.

I realise that brand name are usually better but it's not always the case.

Al

catzrob

My most expensive Maxcatch buy is an SA Clicker 3/4, it’s an excellent reel at a fraction of the price of a Sage Click and it’s been in regular use for a couple of seasons. I’m currently waiting on delivery of a 2/3 weight model to pair with my brook rod. Incidentally, I also have a Sage reel in regular use, but I can’t say I prefer it over the Maxcatch, they both do the job very well.

B
Thanks! That's very interesting. This is one of the specific products I'm looking at buying, but it's pricy enough not to want to get a dud.