Matchcatch

speytime

Just spooled up the single handed spey line (this took a little while as I'm not sure it was on the plastic spool properly, with no labels or info, thought possibly a returned item).
It does seem odd to have a camo coloured rear half, on the reel, with a bright peach coloured front half which is the one on the water.

Peter
The peach colour goes to the front or in the water 👍
I think I've only had one line that's been spooled and boxed from maxcatch out of 6/8 lines.

Al

mebu

Al, I've checked the profile and the peach is indeed the front half. Just seems odd to have the bright side on the water and the camo on the reel. I know that brighter lines can help in nymphing on stillwaters, cannot see the logic on the river.

Peter

speytime

Al, I've checked the profile and the peach is indeed the front half. Just seems odd to have the bright side on the water and the camo on the reel. I know that brighter lines can help in nymphing on stillwaters, cannot see the logic on the river.

Peter
The colour of a line isn't something I'm to concerned about i've not given any thought, if its good enough for rio around £80 I'm happy with it kind of thing.
For spey casting I'd say you need to see the line to place the anchor, if you couldn't see it you can't set the cast up.
Try spey casting into the dark 👍

Just getting a feel for the set up.

Al

jack_russell

Click the dollar sign, then scroll down to pick your currency.
Aaaah - thanks springwell! (y)

Just ordered 2x gold lines a #3 & #7, a pack of dumbbell eyes & 4 packs of tungsten beads - Stock20 code went through so all for just over £30 delivered - crazy!

It's a "suck it & see" order as I want to see what all the fuss is about so I'm in no rush regarding delivery time,

Cheers!

Last edited:

2306chris

Does anyone have any feedback on Maxcatch tippet.....Phantom is 4 spools for £5 before discount? Just ordering some bits and bobs from them and considering ordering some to try.
Thanks, Chris

Banksie

Aaaah - thanks springwell! (y)

Just ordered 2x gold lines a #3 & #7, a pack of dumbbell eyes & 4 packs of tungsten beads - Stock20 code went through so all for just over £30 delivered - crazy!

It's a "suck it & see" order as I want to see what all the fuss is about so I'm in no rush regarding delivery time,

Cheers!
Somewhere around Autumn I reckon.
It’s a kind of set it and forget it. 😎

tarmangie

Do not order if you are in a hurry. My items ordered at the beginning of April arrived today. Part of the order was a gold fly line , as the one I already have is an excellent line and they upgraded the reel to an Avid when I complained about the delay, apparently they had run short of some items. If you are not bothered about the time it can take to arrive, the value is first class.

FluffChuck

My gold line finally arrived today! With a snazzy snood and some line snips as a free gift. Unfortunately I’d also ordered a blue WF4I but was sent the clear version.. I’ve emailed them to ask for a refund for that line.. I doubt they’ll want me to post it back.

Does anyone think that they have really good product lines but could really do with a distributor here to handle European sales? I mean its taken 32 days to arrive from clicking ’order’ on standard shipping.. I knew that when purchasing but still, it’s a long lead time if they make an error with the order!

Fluff

2306chris

My gold line finally arrived today! With a snazzy snood and some line snips as a free gift. Unfortunately I’d also ordered a blue WF4I but was sent the clear version.. I’ve emailed them to ask for a refund for that line.. I doubt they’ll want me to post it back.

Does anyone think that they have really good product lines but could really do with a distributor here to handle European sales? I mean its taken 32 days to arrive from clicking ’order’ on standard shipping.. I knew that when purchasing but still, it’s a long lead time if they make an error with the order!

Fluff
Great point Fluff. Products are great but, agree, they would receive many more orders with a Euro hub. May increase prices a little though?
Chris

FluffChuck

Great point Fluff. Products are great but, agree, they would receive many more orders with a Euro hub. May increase prices a little though?
Chris
Chris,

Undoubtedly the price would increase a bit, I’m sure it’d still be very competitive and they’d save on refund and loss of product. Must be a small but significant percentage that is lost due to wrong packing and not recovering mis-sent products? Who knows. I imagine they’d expand significantly as many anglers will be put off by the long lead for shipping and buying from China directly. But I’m no Dragon, Peter Jones is safe!

Fluff

original cormorant

Fluff
Not totally certain on this but can't you already buy some maxcatch on ebay for higher prices and faster delivery?

hooferinsane

Not totally certain on this but can't you already buy some maxcatch on ebay for higher prices and faster delivery?
I have bought from EBay, the base price is the same, you just can’t use any discount codes or get any freebies. My two deliveries were only 14 days each via maxcatch on EBay.

jaybeegee

My SA Click reel arrived today complete with spare clicker, a soft cloth bag and a freebie bandana. I ordered on 27th June and expected it to be at least a month during the current situation so I’m happy with that. This is the 2/3 size, I’ve had the 3/4 for a couple of years and it’s been spot on... good quality and great value, I can recommend it. For info; the smaller model doesn’t appear in the select size drop down on the website, so I added a note to the order which was acknowledged promptly.

B

Teme fisher

I have bought from EBay, the base price is the same, you just can’t use any discount codes or get any freebies. My two deliveries were only 14 days each via maxcatch on EBay.
I ordered on ebay on the 15th July and it arrived on the 27th. I then found the maxcatch website (+ discount codes here:))and ordered more stuff later that day which, according to the tracker, has been at the airport in China since the 22nd.