Matchcatch

noel

Just checked fb and according to a member Jase Price " 20Jason " works and a free gift if his name is mentioned in the comments .
Not sure about the comments but the discount code works

Last edited:

Banksie

Order shipped on the 16th July.
Received (today) 10th August.

The ‘Mini’ Tenkara rod is beautiful.
Folding net ordered with it is shite.

Was raring to go first thing tomorrow. Weather says thunder for next 3 days.

Gonna check lottery ticket on fridge.
Probably have heart attack if I win.

shortcircuit

Slightly OT, but I recently got a pair of Piscifun waders from AliEx. Time will tell how well they last , but I must say I was impressed by the quality of the manufacturing.

They feel very sturdy yet are light and very comfortable.

The shoulder straps are really robust and comfortable- they have the X configuration at the back which means they cannot slip down your shoulders . This is normally only a feature on relatively expensive waders.

The front zip pocket is really big and fits my fly box no problem. My last pair the pocket was stingy and the fly box would fall out almost every time I leaned over!

The one thing to take note of is the ankle and the neoprene sock are a bit small fitting.
I got the Size L which was perfect fit for my chest and leg. I am a size 9 shoe and by the sizing chart this should have been the correct size. The fit is a bit tight around the ankle and lower calf and the if the neoprene sock were any tighter it would be uncomfortable.

If you are ordering a pair and have a shoe size any larger than a UK size 9- get the size XL waders at the least: regardless of any other of your measurements!

Rhithrogena

I've been extensively testing the Extreme 8'6" #4 and Eco 3/4 since their arrival last month.
The rod certainly casts beautifully with the 'Economic' WF line in 4wt(£2.79) Until the other day the biggest fish it had had to cope with was a ~1.5lb brownie up at Fernworthy.
Fishing at a local trout venue on a too bright evening with a strong northerly wind (slim prospects I thought) a solid take resulted in a real run of about 20yards and me having to up the drag a few clicks on the reel. I thought fleetingly, I had hooked one of the monster brownies that are in here (up to 9lbs), but then a big tail thrashed out of the water and after a really good fight I landed this;IMG_20200811_183653481-02.jpeg
Well that certainly tested the outfit properly - the rod and reel were brilliant. I am not recommending making a habit of carping with a 4wt but about a half hour later the same thing happened again;IMG_20200811_192008255-01-02.jpeg
This bugger was even bigger and fought like hell 😳
So I can categorically state that for £12 the Eco 3/4 reel and Extreme rod (also £12 when I ordered) have one hell of a Bang-for-your-buck!!
Oh and a nod to the tippet - 5lb Drennan sub-surface....
Food for thought indeed.......
Richard

running bear

North County Dublin, but always a South Down man
I just got a refund on my no show cassette reel...then I ordered a real gold and a grand, giving the grand a punt given the price of the new airflo 40+. If this order doesn’t show I’ve only myself to blame.
And as if by magic the reel showed up today.
Parcel was bashed about but reel is fine. For anyone that’s interested amino review

the case is poor compared to snowbee and greys cassette cases I have, movable velcro dividers though which are handy.
thw spools all have some moulding witness marks/burrs, which would damage the retention seal, so I cut these off. Helped spools on and off.
Stayed capacities are never accurate (unless like vision you get a volume measurement). So to compare it to a snowbee XSD 780, it has a larger capacity due to the overall smaller arbour. I put a #9 40+ floater on it to gauge true capacity and it took it, although you’d only maybe get 50 yards of 30lb gel spun on it, but very few Trout sized reels can take this line (I have mine on battenkill mid arbour Vs).

drag looks ok, it goes to a level you’ll never need on a reel of this size, but has a slightly heavier lowest level than I’m used to (although saying that I think the Hardy ASR 3000 takes far too much to get it started also). Drag knob is ok too, better than the piscifun sword drag knobs (and my orvis hydros SL for that matter)

Matt black finish with no logo etc suits me, I might put some lines on it that I will use on my logo free Matt black bloke XL50 light switch.

Looks good for the money, order now for next year... possibly.

Attachments

running bear

North County Dublin, but always a South Down man
Parcel was bashed about but reel is fine. For anyone that’s interested amino review

the case is poor compared to snowbee and greys cassette cases I have, movable velcro dividers though which are handy.
thw spools all have some moulding witness marks/burrs, which would damage the retention seal, so I cut these off. Helped spools on and off.
Stayed capacities are never accurate (unless like vision you get a volume measurement). So to compare it to a snowbee XSD 780, it has a larger capacity due to the overall smaller arbour. I put a #9 40+ floater on it to gauge true capacity and it took it, although you’d only maybe get 50 yards of 30lb gel spun on it, but very few Trout sized reels can take this line (I have mine on battenkill mid arbour Vs).

drag looks ok, it goes to a level you’ll never need on a reel of this size, but has a slightly heavier lowest level than I’m used to (although saying that I think the Hardy ASR 3000 takes far too much to get it started also). Drag knob is ok too, better than the piscifun sword drag knobs (and my orvis hydros SL for that matter)

Matt black finish with no logo etc suits me, I might put some lines on it that I will use on my logo free Matt black bloke XL50 light switch.

And pics of the #9 40+F

Attachments

shortcircuit

Guys I left my rod leaning on a tree while packing up after a fishing session and only realised it days later. of course the rod is now gone.

I now need another 4 wt. I had the Trout Lite 8'6"4# and liked it a lot. Had it paired with a Real Gold WF4F.
However I thought it was a tiny bit under powered and it struggled when there was a bit of line out the tip (in fairness it is marketed as a delicate presentation rod).

Can any of you recommend something for me? I would be looking at €90 or under (80 GBP)

Of course I might just get the same again but I have an itch to get something different

Rhithrogena

Guys I left my rod leaning on a tree while packing up after a fishing session and only realised it days later. of course the rod is now gone.

I now need another 4 wt. I had the Trout Lite 8'6"4# and liked it a lot. Had it paired with a Real Gold WF4F.
However I thought it was a tiny bit under powered and it struggled when there was a bit of line out the tip (in fairness it is marketed as a delicate presentation rod).

Can any of you recommend something for me? I would be looking at €90 or under (80 GBP)

Of course I might just get the same again but I have an itch to get something different
I'd have to recommend the Extreme 8'6" #4 - made short work of two 24" carp - see my post above. You'll have enough change from £80 for a reel, backing and flyline.....

Mrtrout

I've been extensively testing the Extreme 8'6" #4 and Eco 3/4 since their arrival last month.
The rod certainly casts beautifully with the 'Economic' WF line in 4wt(£2.79) Until the other day the biggest fish it had had to cope with was a ~1.5lb brownie up at Fernworthy.
Fishing at a local trout venue on a too bright evening with a strong northerly wind (slim prospects I thought) a solid take resulted in a real run of about 20yards and me having to up the drag a few clicks on the reel. I thought fleetingly, I had hooked one of the monster brownies that are in here (up to 9lbs), but then a big tail thrashed out of the water and after a really good fight I landed this;View attachment 29725
Well that certainly tested the outfit properly - the rod and reel were brilliant. I am not recommending making a habit of carping with a 4wt but about a half hour later the same thing happened again;View attachment 29729
This bugger was even bigger and fought like hell 😳
So I can categorically state that for £12 the Eco 3/4 reel and Extreme rod (also £12 when I ordered) have one hell of a Bang-for-your-buck!!
Oh and a nod to the tippet - 5lb Drennan sub-surface....
Food for thought indeed.......
Richard
nice fishing Richard, I’ve got an Extreme same size on the way.
S.

Rhithrogena

nice fishing Richard, I’ve got an Extreme same size on the way.
S.
Thanks Steven,
I was a tad disappointed they weren't trout but amongst the biggest fish I've ever had on a fly rod. Only a few bigger pike on fly.......

aldot

Does it click?

nelson88

Hi

When in stock, Maxcatch are good (patience required on delivery but understandable given the distance/price)

However my experience with out of stocks has been disappointing. Ordered £100 of gear, friendly E-mail saying out of stock but offering upgrade FOC or refund (nice). Alternative not suitable so nicely asked for refund....this was June, no response and lost to "customer service void".

Maybe the last time I use them as previously very good. Will probably have to go to UK companies, who buy from them and relabel product but...at least you are protected.

This really is a case of "buy cheap, buy twice".. bought a rod (probably made in same factory) from Uttings

shortcircuit

I'm such a sucker for these guys.
Am seriously considering the high-end Nano in the 9" 4#

Looking at the specs, this comes in at an insane 78g for the 9ft 4# - that is the same territory as the Orvis H3 or Hardy Zephrus. Now I'm not suggesting one is as good as the other, but a 9ft rod weighing as little as that is certainly eye-catching.

The real question is : has anyone bitten the bullet and bought one of these. I'd like an honest opinion.