Matchcatch

GEK79

I finally received a refund to my bank account for non-delivery of goods, even that wasnt straightforward. Ordered in May, refund in September.
A pity it was such a poor experience given the cheap prices but perhaps thats the point?

I can see many others have have a good experience and the global marketplace can offer economic advantages for consumers but with so many small businesses struggling during the pandemic I am going to support them by buying locally where I can (steps down from soapbox....)
👍👍 Sadly I would but the fishing shop up the road deals with sea fishing.. I do order within Ireland if I can.. But maxcatch prices are so cheap they can't be beaten..

Jamie Dundee

Just ordered an Amigo 9’ #7 rod, Toro reel and a few bits and pieces. The discount code was accepted (deep joy), I’ll see what happens. Not the rod I wanted but I’m interested to try a #7 rod with a #8 line, cheap enough for a trial 👍

As with other websites there was no Isle of Man option in the drop down menu, so I chose to be in Cheshire! Postcode should get it here ok if the order is dispatched.

noel

Morning all, just checked out my Fb feed and Maxcatch are about to celebrate 15yrs in business.
Jamie as you will have read the trade off for their good prices is the time between orders placed and delivery.

GEK79

Morning all I have been shocked lol 28 August a bought an eco reel.. It landed yesterday that's got to be a record.. Just have to figure out how to reverse the direction as its left hand retrieve..
Has anyone had problems ordering from Maxcatch recently? I can select items, but can’t progress with the order past checkout into payment options. I’ve been trying for a week or so and never had a problem before. No response from customer service either.
B
That’s “Maxcatch”. :eek:mg:
So this

Jamie Dundee

Morning all, just checked out my Fb feed and Maxcatch are about to celebrate 15yrs in business.
Jamie as you will have read the trade off for their good prices is the time between orders placed and delivery.
Yes, although most of my sea fishing braided line comes from the land of the rising Yuan so I’m used to forgetting I’ve ordered stuff then getting a surprise package 🤩

aldot

I ordered a spinning rod with a discount code. Two days later I got an email saying my order has been cancelled and a full refund given (no explanation why it was cancelled). A forum member suggested it might be because I used a discontinued discount code.

I reordered the same rod again without a code and got the same cancellation email and another refund.

Both refunds have been verified, the money is back in my Paypal.

In the last two days I've had two emails saying my order has shipped! Am I going to end up with two rods for nothing? :D

noel

I ordered a spinning rod with a discount code. Two days later I got an email saying my order has been cancelled and a full refund given (no explanation why it was cancelled). A forum member suggested it might be because I used a discontinued discount code.

I reordered the same rod again without a code and got the same cancellation email and another refund.

In the last two days I've had two emails saying my order has shipped! Am I going to end up with two rods for nothing? :D
It's possible I did it with a Flextec rod I gave 1 away and I have just found the other a 10' 5wt Streamtec .

Jamie Dundee

Is this via eBay? If so the ‘shipped’ message is generated when your address details are printed, regardless of any other considerations. I had a ding dong with a company earlier this year who apparently dispatched my order then told me it wasn’t in stock.

aldot

Is this via eBay? If so the ‘shipped’ message is generated when your address details are printed, regardless of any other considerations. I had a ding dong with a company earlier this year who apparently dispatched my order then told me it wasn’t in stock.
No via the website.
The issue is the other way round, they cancelled my order twice and refunded me, then two weeks later seem to have shipped both orders. Something for nothing I hope

treecutter

Been recommended a nano nymph 10'#3 & a tail fly reel, Anyone have one if so what are your thoughts?
Looking for a 9' #5 river rod, Any recommendations???

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

noel

Morning Russ , I have the Tail Fly reel and for the money you can't fault it as for the river rod I have used the Extreme 9' 5wt on Tunstall with the Gold line and I was very happy . 1 of our other members Skajtrout is very happy with the Nymph line the whole combo should be no more than £55 using Stock20.

treecutter

As with other websites there was no Isle of Man option in the drop down menu, so I chose to be in Cheshire! Postcode should get it here ok if the order is dispatched.
I ordered 6 Fly boxes put all my details in & when I received confirmation email they had my address right but the COUNTY wrong, So I emailed & they said they would sort it.

Kept eye on tracking only to see it was at my local sorting office with the following " Incorrectly Addressed Returning to Sender"
Got a refund but nowt else

Gdog

There are good offers now on Rio Gold fly lines at Garry Evans as opposed to Maxcatch Real Gold lines, some of the Rio Gold lines are being discontinued, reduce in price from £74..99 to £49.99 ;)

There are offers on other Rio lines too.

There are some new lines the Premier Rio Gold Line is £89.99 and the Elite Rio Gold Line is £119.99 o_O

Not sure I'll be rushing out to buy these new lines.

noel

I ordered 6 Fly boxes put all my details in & when I received confirmation email they had my address right but the COUNTY wrong, So I emailed & they said they would sort it.

Kept eye on tracking only to see it was at my local sorting office with the following " Incorrectly Addressed Returning to Sender"

Bloody post office again they are a law unto themselves.

Jamie Dundee

I’ve discovered that IOM is in the ‘country’ drop down menu, not in the UK, factually correct. I’ve changed my account details and my PayPal address is correct so fingers crossed 🤞

No dispatch notification yet....