Matchcatch

Gdog

That’s still 5 maxcatch golds, I'm not seeing a bargain at £50 for basically the same line.

Al
Al,
Neither am I, the Rio Gold is nothing amazing, certainly not worth £70, after using one of these lines for about 15 or 20 trips it feels a little rough, won't be buying one again.

I still have to use the 7 weight Real Gold I received in April, I bought for using on Rainbow trout fisheries in the close season, so it will get tested in the next month or when ever we get out of the lockdown re-imposed on Friday. 😷

Paul_B

Does the windcheater do as advertised..??
I don't know about casting into the wind, I tried the 6# windcheater and it didn't have the punch of my other rod with the 8#, it cast nicely but a little under weight for my 6# X-Flite rod, I've ordered a 7# to give that a try.
However,
It floats very well and the water was like the North Sea in a storm 🌧

GEK79

I don't know about casting into the wind, I tried the 6# windcheater and it didn't have the punch of my other rod with the 8#, it cast nicely but a little under weight for my 6# X-Flite rod, I've ordered a 7# to give that a try.
However,
It floats very well and the water was like the North Sea in a storm 🌧
Thanks mate may suit some of the windier days here in Donegal. Thank you..

Jamie Dundee

Got an email today saying my order has been dispatched, along with a tracking number. According to Fedex my goodies are currently at Stanstead airport, having been to South Korea and Memphis on their travels, which would indicate that admin is not Maxcatch’s strongest suit!

Doubtless my stuff will fester at Stanstead for several days before continuing its trip, think I’ll use plenty of hand sanitiser after opening the package 😷

Jamie Dundee

Goodies delivered today, 10 days after order which is pretty good going 👍 I was impressed that they sent the more expensive rod I asked them for by email rather than the one I originally ordered (they swapped the rod order foc). Extra pressies were branded baseball hat, a nice camo buffy type thing, a floating fly line, decent fly box and some huge flies I’ll never use. All in all a good experience so far, hopefully I’ll get to test the rod and reel on Friday if this bloody wind ever drops a bit 😡 The reel feels a decent quality bit of kit and the rod is incredibly light compared to what I’m used to, hope I don’t snap it first cast...

Paul_B

Goodies delivered today, 10 days after order which is pretty good going 👍 I was impressed that they sent the more expensive rod I asked them for by email rather than the one I originally ordered (they swapped the rod order foc). Extra pressies were branded baseball hat, a nice camo buffy type thing, a floating fly line, decent fly box and some huge flies I’ll never use. All in all a good experience so far, hopefully I’ll get to test the rod and reel on Friday if this bloody wind ever drops a bit 😡 The reel feels a decent quality bit of kit and the rod is incredibly light compared to what I’m used to, hope I don’t snap it first cast...
The flies I got were stuck to a white foam backing sheet that looks perfect for floating fly bodies

Jamie Dundee

The flies I got were stuck to a white foam backing sheet that looks perfect for floating fly bodies
Just had a look, you’re right. All my fly tying kit is in a cantilever type box which hasn’t been opened for over 25 years, IIRC there is a full mallard skin in there along with enough maribou to make up shark lures. Doubt my eyes/fingers/temper are up to tying now, in fact I don’t think they ever were :rolleyes:

GEK79

Has anyone had problems ordering from Maxcatch recently? I can select items, but can’t progress with the order past checkout into payment options. I’ve been trying for a week or so and never had a problem before. No response from customer service either.
B
That’s “Maxcatch”. :eek:mg:
Has anyone bought any of the sea fishing stuff.. I'm looking at possible salmon sea trout rods and set up.. Any advice..
Gary

shortcircuit

Which rod and reel did you get?

hooferinsane

Well not wishing to divert away from matchcatch (never had a problem with delivery myself from them), I am trying another Chinese import, a 7/8 Aluminum CNC-Machined Large Arbor Fly Reel Goture reel.
I saw this in a review here
Needless to say, I didn't purchase mine from Wish as in the review, but on eBay - it was £29.99 delivered. At the moment its just left China. Will perhaps post some more about it when it (hopefully) arrives. Think looking on the main website, they are not as big an outfit as Maxcatch, but do make the odd fly rod too.

jaybeegee

Black Star #7 withToro #7/8 in blue. I had ordered the Amigo but emailed them to change having seen a couple of positive comments on the Black Star in here.
I ordered a Blackstar 6# but out of stock so they have sent a V - Tip instead. Tracking says I’ll get it tomorrow...just in time to chuck a streamer about before the season ends.
B

Jamie Dundee

I ordered a Blackstar 6# but out of stock so they have sent a V - Tip instead. Tracking says I’ll get it tomorrow...just in time to chuck a streamer about before the season ends.
B
Typical, I fancied the V Top but no #8 in stock :mad: