Matchcatch

Gdog

Black Star #7 withToro #7/8 in blue. I had ordered the Amigo but emailed them to change having seen a couple of positive comments on the Black Star in here.
I don't know what Maxcatch do with their orders, I ordered the Blackstar 9' #7 on 21st August and the tracking still shows it in China, and you get yours in 10 days 😤.

I bought a 5/6 blue Toro reel in May, good looking reel and smooth drag.

Let me know what you think of the rod.
Cheers.

Jamie Dundee

I don't know what Maxcatch do with their orders, I ordered the Blackstar 9' #7 on 21st August and the tracking still shows it in China, and you get yours in 10 days 😤.

I bought a 5/6 blue Toro reel in May, good looking reel and smooth drag.

Let me know what you think of the rod.
Cheers.
I’ve got a feeling I qualified for the free express delivery promotion, dispatch took 5 days, delivery another 5. I’m planning on using the rod with a #8 wf line, be interesting to see how it copes.

campsiefisher

Having read through the thread I've just taken a punt on a rod, reel, some spare spools and line, so I guess in 3 weeks or so I'll either be getting a huge let down or a nice surprise 😂.

Code 15years worked thanks for that. 👍

Best regards
Jim

jonbee56

I’m curious, do we get free gifts regardless, or are they linked with the discount code. I’m not sure as everything I have ordered has been with 20jason (which still works this morning).

coincidentally, I’ve received a text this morning from Fedex stating that my parcel is due today. That’s another 10 day turnaround, so I’m quite impressed. There are a couple of 3# rods, so they may Fedex packs with rods, (or over a certain cost) and other deliveries by snail mail, not sure on this one, but my order was about £66 (including 20jason).

the route it took was also interesting:
Quingdao (China)
Beijing
Incheone (South Korea)
Guangzhou (China)
Sennan (Japan)
Holland (Grace airport)
Paris (Charles De Gaul airport)
Stanstead

Last edited:

jaybeegee

My order arrived today, the Blackstar 9’ #6 out of stock and an upgrade to a V Top.
First impressions are that it’s a very nice rod, light weight and very good finishing, good quality materials including the handle and reel seat. I bought it for streamer fishing on the Wharfe below Otley where a bit more power is often needed and occasional stillwater use, with a bit of luck it should get an outing on Monday.
The rod, three Gold lines, a couple of hook sharpeners and a pair of good quality nippers for the princely sum of eighty four quid, came with a free line to match the rod, basic line nips and ( another ) bandana. 🙂

B

Jamie Dundee

My order arrived today, the Blackstar 9’ #6 out of stock and an upgrade to a V Top.
First impressions are that it’s a very nice rod, light weight and very good finishing, good quality materials including the handle and reel seat. I bought it for streamer fishing on the Wharfe below Otley where a bit more power is often needed and occasional stillwater use, with a bit of luck it should get an outing on Monday.
The rod, three Gold lines, a couple of hook sharpeners and a pair of good quality nippers for the princely sum of eighty four quid, came with a free line to match the rod, basic line nips and ( another ) bandana. 🙂

B
I’ll be interested to know what you think of the V-Top, I’ve emailed MC to see if the #8 is coming back into stock. A very nice £30 upgrade for you, better than my £3 upgrade 😡

Teme fisher

Received my order yesterday after about 3 weeks. Included in my original order was a v-light 6ft wt2 rod (~£30) that was out of stock so they offered a skyhigh equivalent listed at £84 which looks and feels great. Sadly it doesn't fit the reel I had lined up for it (Avid 1/3, reel seat is too small) so I've placed yet another order this morning.

Last edited:

Jamie Dundee

Interesting reply from customer services, I asked when the #8 V-Top would be back in stock. “Hello, the Top9084 is out of stock for a long time and all the materials are imported from japan so we have no idea how long will it take.”

Stock levels could well be an ongoing problem due to Covid, not just in fishing tackle.

Too windy to fish, too windy to boat, I HATE the bloody wind 🤬

noel

Just been playing with my order history and if I want to see what I have bought I press on the return button and it shows up in clear English.

Jamie Dundee

Just been playing with my order history and if I want to see what I have bought I press on the return button and it shows up in clear English.
Mine is all in English anyway, how did you get it into Chinese? 🤔

Jamie Dundee

Just ordered a Skyhigh Competition Toray, plus reel cases, zingers etc.... Hoping it all arrives before it snows
🥶
Today is supposed to be the last day of a 5 day ‘goodie bag’ promo for their 15th anniversary, plus hopefully free express delivery. 20jason still getting 20% discount.