Matchcatch

ejw

Tried the Maxcatch vice I had delivered yesterday
TVC New model Green color fly tying vise
£28.02 (then less 20% discount with code)
Excellent, hold the hook very well. Comes with a clamp fitting, but the shaft fits a "normal" pedestal base. Interesting clamp lock, as it is not the usual screw that tightens onto the shaft, but a screw that clamps the shaft, nice touch. Very impressed so far. It looks the same as the -
Snowbee Prestige Vice/Vise at £99
Full rotation, ideal beginners or travel vice.

grandad keith

I posted earlier how my new rod arrived in less than 3 weeks , in fact it arrived before the tracking info !
Maxcatch have just taken my money via E Bay ,however I opted to pay AFTER delivery, I wonder if that had any bearing on the prompt delivery ?

Caecilius

I just received the 11' 6wt v-switch rod - initial impressions are quite good, especially for the price. I'm still waiting on some 300gr 30' shooting heads to test it out with, although I'm not sure if that's going to be heavy enough for the rod.

b13rux

2 weeks from ordering to my door, and that’s with selecting standard delivery.

I ordered a tenkara zoom rod and a fly box, really impressed! For a shade under £35 delivered; and a few decent freebies were thrown in ( hat, buff, extra fly box) I’ve got no complaints. Cracking service, the tenkara rod seems really nice quality as well! Look forward to trying it out

morayfisher

Trust Member
2 weeks from ordering to my door, and that’s with selecting standard delivery.

I ordered a tenkara zoom rod and a fly box, really impressed! For a shade under £35 delivered; and a few decent freebies were thrown in ( hat, buff, extra fly box) I’ve got no complaints. Cracking service, the tenkara rod seems really nice quality as well! Look forward to trying it out
Excellent.
Will you let us know what you think of the rod please.

Caecilius

I had ordered my switch rod on eBay, but had made a fairly large order on their website. I haven't received a tracking number and they haven't responded to my last two e-maild about this. Just wondering if others have had similar experiences recently?

Jamie Dundee

I had ordered my switch rod on eBay, but had made a fairly large order on their website. I haven't received a tracking number and they haven't responded to my last two e-maild about this. Just wondering if others have had similar experiences recently?
Yep. After saying I wouldn’t order again following the last fiasco I did actually put in an order for a Competition Toray rod and Toray reel. The order shows as ‘complete’ rather than pending but again no response to emails or messages asking for tracking info, I expect this will also end up as a PayPal case.

I wonder whether a lot of their stuff is out of stock but they’re not updating their website or responding to requests for info on non stock items. Whatever the explanation this will definitely be my last order 😡

Caecilius

Yep. After saying I wouldn’t order again following the last fiasco I did actually put in an order for a Competition Toray rod and Toray reel. The order shows as ‘complete’ rather than pending but again no response to emails or messages asking for tracking info, I expect this will also end up as a PayPal case.

I wonder whether a lot of their stuff is out of stock but they’re not updating their website or responding to requests for info on non stock items. Whatever the explanation this will definitely be my last order 😡
Thanks for letting me know Jamie. I just received the following response from them, but it doesn't really tell one much:

"Hello, we are sorry the orders has been saved due to the virus situation.
We will contact with fedex company for a updating.
If there is anything else we can do, please feel free to contact with us.
Have a nice fly fishing day!
Thanks in advance."

Teme fisher

I haven't had any emails confirming my last order 4 weeks ago but if I go into my order history on the maxcatch website there is valid tracking info available there when I click on 'view more'. When I cross check on the Fedex site it appears to be valid with delivery expected on monday 26th.

Paul_B

I haven't had any emails confirming my last order 4 weeks ago but if I go into my order history on the maxcatch website there is valid tracking info available there when I click on 'view more'. When I cross check on the Fedex site it appears to be valid with delivery expected on monday 26th.
They sent me an email when they came back from holiday to confirm my order is in the system :)

GEK79

I think the tracking system is on holiday too as they don't recognise the tracking number 🤣

It'll get here eventually, oh and we have fishing available until christmas eve :)

unless we get a lockdown
I'm envious.. Enjoy.