Matchcatch

ejw

Think all this thread needs "perspective". The price from Maxcatch makes it attractive, if you are in a hurry, then pay extra to buy from a "named" supplier. In many cases it will be the same product, but with a logo on it.
As long as you do not mind waiting I find the gear of good quality and good planning by me, makes the time wait irrelevant. In my case the price is the driving factor.
When and if British manufactures get back in the game, then I will use them, until then China !

senegals

This is my experience of my last order ( 4 lines and some tapered leaders)

Order placed 3rd October

Email saying order had been shipped and the tracking number 9th October took quite a while for it to show in the tracking system.

Received at Langley Heathrow this morning

Left Langley within couple of hours or receipt

Hopefully should receive Monday or Tuesday

Jamie Dundee

Email saying order had been shipped and the tracking number 9th October took quite a while for it to show in the tracking system.
That’s the key, if you're not told it’s been dispatched then it hasn’t been and they won’t talk to you.

Paul_B

Its not often that my orders are shown as dispatched, I get to know there whereabouts when the post lady knocks :)
I want some hooks in a hurry so I've ordered from a British firm, 100 for a tenner and will be here next week. I decided to try some from China and they will be here next month (maybe) 200 for £4
both lots of hooks are Japanese.

Banksie

How about this? Those that get their orders delivered in a couple of weeks... have a centred Chi. Everyone else has to learn patience... which, I’m guessing, is part of Chi anyway, so... ?
I’m tired. It’s all I could think of.

jonbee56

Not sure what is going on here. An order I placed had been split into two deliveries. The second delivery is a nymph rod valued at £36.99 (after discount) and fedex have contacted me wanting £22.76 for Import duty and processing fees. ( yep, it’s genuine )
Has this happened to anyone else ?

Mrtrout

Import duty can’t be much on a £30 rod if anything, sounds like FedEx is trying it on to me.
Id reject it and contact Maxcatch for a refund.
S.

noel

Not sure what is going on here. An order I placed had been split into two deliveries. The second delivery is a nymph rod valued at £36.99 (after discount) and fedex have contacted me wanting £22.76 for Import duty and processing fees. ( yep, it’s genuine )
No never .

jonbee56

Import duty can’t be much on a £30 rod if anything, sounds like FedEx is trying it on to me.
Id reject it and contact Maxcatch for a refund.
S.

text fromFedex :
“Hello, Your FedEx Shipment Airway Bill # 7717907***** has been imported from outside the EU, it is subject to an import charge of 22.76 GBP. Please click..<<< link removed >>> to pay or visit http://fedex.com/gb/contact/ for more information. Reply STOP to opt out.”

I’ve obscured parts of the bill reference and pay link but it is correct and sent from the official Fedex number

i have FB messaged Maxcatch and also emailed them on the site, but there’s no way I’ll pay £22 duty on a £37 rod

Mrtrout

text fromFedex :
“Hello, Your FedEx Shipment Airway Bill # 7717907***** has been imported from outside the EU, it is subject to an import charge of 22.76 GBP. Please click..<<< link removed >>> to pay or visit http://fedex.com/gb/contact/ for more information. Reply STOP to opt out.”

I’ve obscured parts of the bill reference and pay link but it is correct and sent from the official Fedex number

i have FB messaged Maxcatch and also emailed them on the site, but there’s no way I’ll pay £22 duty on a £37 rod

As far as I’m aware it has to be over a certain amount before duty is applied in the case of USA imports its £38.
I wouldn’t pay that tell them to go whistle.
S.

ejw

Had one of these from Fedex, they claimed it was diamond jewellery, (costing £30 ish ???) it was a couple of specific watch straps. I ignored it, but had a court summons in the end. After many long talks and sending copies of documents and photo's of straps and watch, I still ended up paying £18. (it would have cost £30+ to go to court) Will not deal with Fedex as they are not helpful, the basic rule for them is if it comes via America YOU pay tax on it.

GEK79

Has anyone had problems ordering from Maxcatch recently? I can select items, but can’t progress with the order past checkout into payment options. I’ve been trying for a week or so and never had a problem before. No response from customer service either.
B
That’s “Maxcatch”. :eek:mg:
Has anyone ordered any of the predator rods and Reels.. I can fish for salmon and sea trout Jan the 1st and don't want to spend a fortune and that's 2 months away so don't mind the wait. Any help would be great..
Gary

daniport

On my first order from Maxcatch I had a bill from Fedex - handling fee! on a €90 order the handling fee was €35! I was quite miffed to be honest but noticed an error on a rod orders (a spinning rod that was meant to be 4 piece and was actually a 2 piece rod.. Maxcatch refunded the value of the rod so no complaint really.
Fedex should not be charging you tax or handling fees. On the maxcacth facebook page there is an example of this and the reply is to send a copy of the Fedex invoice to Maxcatch and they will cover the cost (Though I am not sure how.. possibly with coupons for a future purchase). PM me and I will see if I can send a photo of the conversation if needed with instructions of what to do.

jonbee56

On my first order from Maxcatch I had a bill from Fedex - handling fee! on a €90 order the handling fee was €35! I was quite miffed to be honest but noticed an error on a rod orders (a spinning rod that was meant to be 4 piece and was actually a 2 piece rod.. Maxcatch refunded the value of the rod so no complaint really.
Fedex should not be charging you tax or handling fees. On the maxcacth facebook page there is an example of this and the reply is to send a copy of the Fedex invoice to Maxcatch and they will cover the cost (Though I am not sure how.. possibly with coupons for a future purchase). PM me and I will see if I can send a photo of the conversation if needed with instructions of what to do.
Funny you should say that. I’ve sent a copy of this (attached email image) and text to them on the FB messenger.
Apologies once again for contacting you. The fedex shipping for the outstanding item has been in touch with me. The rod is being held at the UK depot and I am being requested to pay £22.76 for import duty and processing fee. The rod only cost £36.99 (after discount). I was not made aware of these costs when I placed the order and do not want to pay them. How can we proceed and resolve this ?
I’ll have to see what happens

Attachments

• A9E72210-D940-4541-A564-3A03C9CF1C6D.jpeg
    A9E72210-D940-4541-A564-3A03C9CF1C6D.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 20

jonbee56

Had one of these from Fedex, they claimed it was diamond jewellery, (costing £30 ish ???) it was a couple of specific watch straps. I ignored it, but had a court summons in the end. After many long talks and sending copies of documents and photo's of straps and watch, I still ended up paying £18. (it would have cost £30+ to go to court) Will not deal with Fedex as they are not helpful, the basic rule for them is if it comes via America YOU pay tax on it.
Strangely this 76A09D4A-11D4-4785-A037-7C9B51CFD425.pngdidn’t go via America.... looks like it went everywhere else though... the details not visible above show 3 entries for Stansted and one for Ridgemont..

Jamie Dundee

Just opened my second PayPal case, order ‘reversed’ now ‘pending’. I expect it will be cancelled tomorrow. Sod ‘em.

l think my last two orders were dealt with by Noh Fu Kinklu :cautious:
Another flurry of emails overnight, order cancelled and money back in my account. Definitely my last dealings with MC, even more so if HMRC are catching up with them :eek:

campsiefisher

Just had a refund too for my 2nd order that did not arrive, after much to-ing and fro-ing with maxcatch who insisted that i send back the order (that i never received) before they would refund me.

I escalated the case with Paypal and a couple of hours later got my money back.

I do have a third and final order with Maxcatch which Fedex has texted me is due for delivery this week. This will be my last dealing with them also.

Best regards
Jim

Latest posts