Matchcatch

mebu

I was about to contact paypal and start a claim..........
ordered a WF3 line (£10.08) on 20th August. After a few days, received a tracking number. This was not recognised by Track 17, waited a few weeks but still no recognition of the number.
Eventually, a month later, MC admitted had got lost and they would send another.
I ordered a 3/4 Eco reel ( £11.21) then, and asked them to send together.
Tracking said after being shunted around China on 9th October "Langley, get to the sending ground" then nothing for several weeks. Meantime Royal Mail tracking said it had not left China.
Yesterday, was about to contact paypal when tracking suddenly says 28 Oct, "arrive at the sending center".
Today, postie knocks on the door with package, line, reel, and freebie. Line a bit distorted from being packed without spool, hopefully will straighten out OK. Reel seems fine, not lightweight but nicely "brownie" colour.

Moral of the tale? It took a long time, seemed to go awol, but has turned up in time for the start of next trout season.....so do not despair if yours is late.

Peter

senegals

This is my experience of my last order ( 4 lines and some tapered leaders)

Order placed 3rd October

Email saying order had been shipped and the tracking number 9th October took quite a while for it to show in the tracking system.

Received at Langley Heathrow this morning

Left Langley within couple of hours or receipt

Hopefully should receive Monday or Tuesday

An update

Parcel arrived on Tuesday unfortunately only 2 lines and 6 of the 24 tapered leaders ordered appears the packer ignored the quantity column on the order.

Sent email to sales explaining issue and requesting refund , overnight had apology email and refund to my paypal account.

The Customs delaration was interesting vest value $8

Mrtrout

An update

Parcel arrived on Tuesday unfortunately only 2 lines and 6 of the 24 tapered leaders ordered appears the packer ignored the quantity column on the order.

Sent email to sales explaining issue and requesting refund , overnight had apology email and refund to my paypal account.

The Customs delaration was interesting vest value $8

:LOL: Funny that my last order of 600 yards of backing also said vest $8.
S.

geordie41

Melbourne Australia or Newcastle upon Tyne .
I ordered a few spools of backing back in August, they arrived yesterday with some free nippers . I knew I’d be waiting a long time as the post in Victoria ( especially Melbourne) is in a right mess . I didn’t bother looking at the tracking information because I was sure the parcel would turn up eventually. The backing seems excellent, just as good as the much more expensive stuff I’ve previously bought from the so called “ top brands” . I’ve now got enough backing to last a lifetime.
if you’re in a rush then maxcatch isn’t going to be much good to you , with a little planning though for the price it’s worth the wait in my opinion.

Last edited:

shortcircuit

Update for me.

My SkyHigh Toray 9" #4 rod arrived this week.express delivery, even though I didnt request it, I think any order over $100 they must add it automatically.

Even though this is my Christmas present, I had to take it out "to make sure it was alright"

Comes in a really nice classy rigid rod tube with a nice brass screw on lid. It looks lovely but to be honest I actually prefer the cordura tube with the zip cap that my cheaper rod came in. There is no doubt though that this rod tube is slick looking.

First impressions of the rod are promising. It is incredibly light almost impossibly light, but I guess that's modern materials technology. Last year I had a few casts with a Hardy Zephryus and this is the only rod I could it to in terms of lightness.

Cork handle is high quality slim in the hand and seems like good quality cork. Reel seat is nice quality gold plated aluminium which looks good.

Will report back at Christmas when I put a line on it. Will be using an Eco reel with Real Gold line.

Plenty of freebies thrown in the box, there was a WF4F Real Gold line, plus one of the cheaper Moss Green fly lines, again in WF4F.

They also threw in a pair of fingerless gloves which I might try for winter fishing.

Also got the neck buff/ bandana thing (I now have two) and a trucker cap.

All for €100 delivered to Ireland from China in 8 days.