Maxcatch ECO line with a Roman Moser?

FluffChuck

Hi everyone, new to this forum so go easy on me! Does anyone have experience of using Maxcatch lines (specifically the ECO WF4F) with a Roman Moser 20lb loop?

I installed the loop yesterday and it went on nicely and feels secure, but a 4wt line tip is the thinnest line I’ve used with a braided loop and wondering if anyone has had a negative experience?
I know loops are sacrilege to all nailknotters out there.. but I do faff about changing leaders and tippet alot (impatience) and like the ability to change quick!

Thanks!
Fluff

Mrtrout

Add a drop of superglue and whip it tight with tying thread if you’re unsure.
All the gold lines from Maxcatch come with tiny welded loops.
S.

FluffChuck

I used the red minicon they come with.. seems good. I’m going for the evening rise in a few hours (foolishness maybe) so we’ll see.. either I’ll have me some trout or a trout will have itself a fly, some fluro and a roman moser for its dinner😂

speytime

Super glue is to hard for use on a fly lines, aquasure is much better imo.
What I do now is put a 5/6 turn uni/nail knot of 4lb nylon onto the loop, pull the knot together loosely then slide it up to the edge of the loop then tighten, dab with aquasure and bin the tube or slip the tube over the knot, the profile of the knot sits well low enough for the tube to slip over, give a bit of spit for encouragement.

I used the red minicon they come with.. seems good. I’m going for the evening rise in a few hours (foolishness maybe) so we’ll see.. either I’ll have me some trout or a trout will have itself a fly, some fluro and a roman moser for its dinner😂

FluffChuck

That’s a nice idea actually... probably easier to repair in the field too rather than a whip finish!

thanks!

Latest posts