Maxcatch Farglory question

murph

I made the jump a few weeks ago, well nearly a month ago and thought I'd see what the maxcatch hype was all about. I brought a little 6ft 1# for a small local stream, and for some of the waters that my club own in Wales when we are free to travel again.

Well let's just say I'm impressed, and can see what you are all talking about. So I took a look at some of their other rods and came across the Farglory. It sounds perfect for a winters day fishing, and I'm about to pull the trigger when they are back to work as I know they have a week off now according to their website. However I'm a little confused but the information they have regarding the rod.

I would like the 3# version and would like to be able to use it up to 11ft as well as 10ft for euro nymping and spider fishing but also 9.6ft and 9ft for upstream and maybe even the duo. On the website it says you can use it from 9-11ft with the various sectionsScreenshot_20200531_142534_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

However when you come to buy the rod, it says 9-10'6ft???

Screenshot_20200531_142609_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Does anyone have any more information on these rods? I have sent maxcatch a message but I'm guessing they won't reply till they are back in work.

Regards John

noel

Hi Murph just checked on this for you you are given the option of 3 different rod combos are you clicking on the 11' 4 in 1?

JayP

I made the jump a few weeks ago, well nearly a month ago and thought I'd see what the maxcatch hype was all about. I brought a little 6ft 1# for a small local stream, and for some of the waters that my club own in Wales when we are free to travel again.

Well let's just say I'm impressed, and can see what you are all talking about. So I took a look at some of their other rods and came across the Farglory. It sounds perfect for a winters day fishing, and I'm about to pull the trigger when they are back to work as I know they have a week off now according to their website. However I'm a little confused but the information they have regarding the rod.

I would like the 3# version and would like to be able to use it up to 11ft as well as 10ft for euro nymping and spider fishing but also 9.6ft and 9ft for upstream and maybe even the duo. On the website it says you can use it from 9-11ft with the various sectionsView attachment 27111

However when you come to buy the rod, it says 9-10'6ft???

View attachment 27112

Does anyone have any more information on these rods? I have sent maxcatch a message but I'm guessing they won't reply till they are back in work.

Regards John
It reads to me like the 5# is the only one available in a 9' configuration

murph

Looking at the options to buy, the only rod that will go to 11ft is the 4#. Its not the end of the world as I will be using it on the River Dee. I would just prefer the 3# version.

murph

Yes but on the options to actually buy the rod in the 3# version it says 9ft-10'6ft.

Thats my confusion

GEK79

I've seen similar mistakes on the website, a reel I was looking at was barstock cast alloy 🙄, I'd wait until I hear back from them.
Hello mate a little off track but I'm thinking if buying a lightweight outfit for the river and qas unsure if maxcatch are worth the risk.. Any advice they seem cheap..

jerryrum

Hello mate a little off track but I'm thinking if buying a lightweight outfit for the river and qas unsure if maxcatch are worth the risk.. Any advice they seem cheap..
Maxcatch gear is great for trying a new style of fishing without spending too much.

I'm cycling, rather than driving, to venues now and it's always the maxcatch 7'6 3# and matching reel that is strapped to my back.

I also bought their #1 when I wanted to try ultralight.

Don't expect them to be as good as Sunray etc, but from a cost per use perspective they are definitely a bargain.

Don't just take my word for it, there's a whole thread dedicated to discussing their products.
https://www.flyfishing.co.uk/threads/matchcatch.497440/page-55

If you can afford to support local craftsmen then you should, but if that isn't an option then maxcatch is worth a shot.

speytime

I've never tried a maxcatch rod, however I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from them.
Have a look at the companies that are only maxcatch by a different name, this company makes gear for all the names you see, all of them are really Leichi fishing.
_20200423_145517.JPG
Also any reviews I've read from people that's bought rods from Maxcatch have been positive.

Al