Fly Fishing Forum banner

Maxcatch Tenkara Outfit Advice

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Damo 
#1 ·
Been thinking about getting a Tenkara outfit to try out next season and found some kits from Maxcatch. I haven't had anything from Maxcatch before and have no experience with Tenkara so looking for some advice. What are thoughts on these https://m.maxcatchfishing.com/Tenkara_combo_.html what action should I be looking for as a beginner?

#2 ·
Been thinking about getting a Tenkara outfit to try out next season and found some kits from Maxcatch. I haven't had anything from Maxcatch before and have no experience with Tenkara so looking for some advice. What are thoughts on these https://m.maxcatchfishing.com/Tenkara_combo_.html what action should I be looking for as a beginner?
Sent you a pm mate [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I bought one of those full kits from Maxcatch a while ago and there is nothing much wrong with it.
The rod sock along with a nice hard tube feels quality. The flies weren’t and the furled lines I haven’t found much use for.
I got a 330cm one but with hindsight should have gone for 360cm or maybe a zoom rod to at least that length. A bit thicker and heavier than a (much) more expensive rod but it certainly catches fish!

Btw Tenkara fishing has definitely improved my success rate compared to regular fly tackle, on the same water.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Hi,

If you want to get a Tanuki rod he has a dealer in Italy. He ships much cheaper than from the States and you won´t get stung for import duty.

Their website is a bit basic but you can mail them from the address on their Facebook page:

(12) Alps Store & Fishing Service | Facebook

I´ve bought a couple of Oni rods from him and the service has been excellent. Drop him a mail, his name is Gianluca and he speaks excellent English.

Cheers,

Damian F

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.