MAXCATCH Vs Cortland

bbamboo

No reason why a line should not last. I have Shakespeare lines from the 90s which have not cracked.
Permaplas makes them supple again if they start to go hard and dry out.

Rhithrogena

No reason why a line should not last. I have Shakespeare lines from the 90s which have not cracked.
Permaplas makes them supple again if they start to go hard and dry out.
Yes, my 80's 444 has had a couple of coats of Permaplas....
[FOR INFO: Permaplas is no longer available to buy in case anyone is wondering. It was a paste which had the plasticisers that PVC contains in it. I remember concerns about the Polychlorinated Biphenyls it contained back in the 80's. PCB's are known carcinogens and persistent organic pollutants in the environment, are readily absorbed through the skin and if you are still using an old jar, be aware of this.]

bbamboo

Yes, my 80's 444 has had a couple of coats of Permaplas....
[FOR INFO: Permaplas is no longer available to buy in case anyone is wondering. It was a paste which had the plasticisers that PVC contains in it. I remember concerns about the Polychlorinated Biphenyls it contained back in the 80's. PCB's are known carcinogens and persistent organic pollutants in the environment, are readily absorbed through the skin and if you are still using an old jar, be aware of this.]
Yes I am fortunate got 2 part used jars left. Time someone made a replacement.👍

bbamboo

Fished Langley Dam yesterday and spotted a gentleman who I had spoken to earlier in the morning was using a 444 Peach lent him my Orange Eco line for a comparison, he is now buying some Ecos at £3.54 .
A very wise man Noel.👍

Tangled

Apart from the loops and colour change is there much difference between the eco and gold lines? I need some chuck-away lines to practice on concrete with.

Rhithrogena

Apart from the loops and colour change is there much difference between the eco and gold lines? I need some chuck-away lines to practice on concrete with.
Very little. Great casting lines. True to weight. Decent head length (48.5' on a 6wt). Supple and straight out of the bag.
Buy some!

catzrob

To be fair to OP he told us what he was reviewing and gave what seems to me a fair review. I think he just didn't realise the line was defective, assumed that for £3.50 that was what you got and considered it functional.

Maybe he'll try a second eco and a Gold for comparison now?

Latest posts