Maxcatch

keef68

I just received my order this afternoon. Ordered late on Sunday 22nd November, so not bad going. I decided to just pay for express delivery, as I ordered a few things.
I bought two Toro reels - one in blue 5/6, and the other in green 7/8. Also bought 2 x Gold lines in 6wt and 1 in 5wt, and a few tapered leaders. The reels are really nice, although they’ve sent a black one in 7/8 instead of green. I’ve got the Gold in a 7wt, so hoping the 5 & 6 are just as good . Got a cap, scarf thing, fly box, and a line straightener as freebies. Happy Xmas to me!

Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mebu

Keith, you may have got the last 5 wt....

Despite saying in post above that I had gone off MC, thought I'd give them another go and ordered/paid for yesterday afternoon a gold 5wt. Early today received a message saying it was posted, with tracking number, then an hour later received a message from paypal saying money refunded. Acknowledgement and refund both noted on account info, no details.
So, not sure if I have been blackballed for recent paypal claim, or they had no gold 5wt left.
Perhaps I'll never know.

Peter

running bear

Keith, you may have got the last 5 wt....

Despite saying in post above that I had gone off MC, thought I'd give them another go and ordered/paid for yesterday afternoon a gold 5wt. Early today received a message saying it was posted, with tracking number, then an hour later received a message from paypal saying money refunded. Acknowledgement and refund both noted on account info, no details.
So, not sure if I have been blackballed for recent paypal claim, or they had no gold 5wt left.
Perhaps I'll never know.

Peter
I'm waiting a WF5 gold for 2+ mths! You could be right. Another order of outbounds came in 2 weeks.

daniport

I purchased the Nano IM12 10 foot 2 weight plus a spare rod tube.. 3 weeks from order to delivery. The rod is very light in the hand (82 grams which is lighter than my 10´4 weight maxia) and looks very good.. I have not tried it yet but it does feel soft. tip recovery isnt great but at 70 quid im very happy!. the rod tube is quite heavy. I would say it would be an ideal rod to start euro nymphing on for grayling.

Got a couple of friends the 7 piece travel rods for xmas presents.. at 30 quid its a bargain.. they will arrive next week.

noel

They are now selling a White line amongst their eco lines so 1 of each colour for £13 approx.

Gdog

It looks like they are out of Real Golds 😥 for now, I was going to get a 6 weight.

I've had my own misfortunes with Maxcatch recently, I ordered a 7 weight Blackstar, after 2 months having never received a tracking number I asked for a refund, and received a PayPal refund through opening a dispute after having 3 or emails ignored. I then ordered another rod straightaway and had the same thing happen again. I lost 4 months and ended up with nothing.

It seems to be a growing trend with Maxcatch over the last few months. Have they got supply issues? Or are they leaving items on the website they don't sell anymore? It's hard to know what they are up to.

campsiefisher

Well 3 days after sending an email to Maxcatch as they sent me the wrong order (I ordered 3 spools and they sent me a reel) I've had no reply (but really no surprise there).

Has anyone did a return using their account on the website ?

Because it seems they are just going to p*ss me around like the last time, and only answer when i open a paypal dispute.

Best regards
Jim

jc123

I've had a few things from Maxcatch, never had a problem, however i've had 3 deliveries go missing recently all due to ROYAL MAIL, (1 from maxcatch, the other 2 were other sellers)
shame that all 3 have found there way to the UK no problems then once in ROYAL MAIL possession they are lost !
If you reckon its hard dealing with e-mails to china try contacting ROYAL MAIL , there impossible

Paul_B

I've had a few things from Maxcatch, never had a problem, however i've had 3 deliveries go missing recently all due to ROYAL MAIL, (1 from maxcatch, the other 2 were other sellers)
shame that all 3 have found there way to the UK no problems then once in ROYAL MAIL possession they are lost !
If you reckon its hard dealing with e-mails to china try contacting ROYAL MAIL , there impossible

I had my last order stuck in a local sorting office for a few weeks while the unit was deep cleaned, however it was worth the wait :)

jaybeegee

It looks like they are out of Real Golds 😥 for now, I was going to get a 6 weight.

I've had my own misfortunes with Maxcatch recently, I ordered a 7 weight Blackstar, after 2 months having never received a tracking number I asked for a refund, and received a PayPal refund through opening a dispute after having 3 or emails ignored. I then ordered another rod straightaway and had the same thing happen again. I lost 4 months and ended up with nothing.

It seems to be a growing trend with Maxcatch over the last few months. Have they got supply issues? Or are they leaving items on the website they don't sell anymore? It's hard to know what they are up to.
The blanks for their carbon rods are imported from Korea and Japan. I’ve been waiting three months for a replacement rod section ( Japanese carbon ) which is out of stock due to supply problems caused by the pandemic. It is happening all over the world, our construction industry has suffered severely from availability of
materials since the spring lockdown. Having said that, Maxcatch are not communicating with their customers as they might.
B

ejw

Not had any issues as yet. Last order 12 days from ordering to opening the package. All gear ordered has been fine.
Maybe I am just lucky. No issues with contacting them, had replies when I did. When items are not in stock, a message comes up on the order, before payment, but it is easy to miss. I contacted them and they emailed me when it came back in. ??? I will continue to use Maxcatch

Gdog

The blanks for their carbon rods are imported from Korea and Japan. I’ve been waiting three months for a replacement rod section ( Japanese carbon ) which is out of stock due to supply problems caused by the pandemic. It is happening all over the world, our construction industry has suffered severely from availability of
materials since the spring lockdown. Having said that, Maxcatch are not communicating with their customers as they might.
B
They certainly are not communicating with their customers it's more like, we'll take their money and let them wait. It would be more honest if they updated the website to advise customers that an item is out of stock, oh well it's nearly Christmas. 🥳

mebu

A few days ago I sent a message to MC asking when Gold WF5 may be available. They have not replied. The website still sys In Stock, however thet do seem not to have any....

Pako

Hi everyone,
So after checking my order, nothing is missing, just a colour change on some accessories but nothing bad. Had all sorts of gifts (bag, finger protection, fly box, cap...), not very much needed though.
Otherwise really pleased with the quality of the rods, reels, line...

Got a question about avid reel: is it waterproof? Or should I avoid putting it underwater? Thanks

shortcircuit

Avid reel seems fine in water ? Mine has been in it quite a few times over the last 9 months, with no ill effects.

Even the low end Eco reel is fine in water once you make sure and leave it dry out after.

I didn't do that for one of my reels last year (left it in a damp box ) and it rusted up seriously.

Beause of that experience ,the Eco reel I have now I treat it very well. I never leave it damp and every so often I pop off the spool and put a couple of drops of 3 in 1 on the spindle and the inner spool bearings. Seems to be going well, I have the reel a year now and not a bit of bother, is running really smooth