Maxcatch

noel

Just bought 3 of their cheapest lines for £10 delivered they will be used when fishing from the boat next year.

noel

Somebody on Fb used the code Jason20 and mentioned his name in the comments when buying a Dunn reel and Wf5f Gold line , along with the usual freebies he got the Green coloured tying vice not bad .

ejw

Nice ! Shame I bought one from MC at £28 less 20% along with some other bits.
Still got a load of freebies.
Have now got 3 of their flyboxes !
Will not complain if they send me a free vice with my next order, as the one I have is fine.

campsiefisher

Well a week later and no replies to the 3 emails that I've sent, about them sending me the wrong order, I suppose my next step is a Paypal dispute, it seems that's the only way to make them reply ... *sigh* :mad:

Vermontdrifter

Ordered a Tenkara outfit on the 30th using the Stock20 discount and choosing the free shipping. As I hadn’t received a confirmation by the 4th I wrote a polite e-mail asking when I could expect a confirmation of my order. On the 7th I received a confirmation it had been shipped by FedEx and it is now in Belgium so I’ll receive it tomorrow. Awesome service is all I can say.

On a separate note has anyone tried their hooks? I’m very tempted by their scud, nymph and jig patterns but would appreciate any feedback before ordering.

Terry

jaybeegee

Ordered a Tenkara outfit on the 30th using the Stock20 discount and choosing the free shipping. As I hadn’t received a confirmation by the 4th I wrote a polite e-mail asking when I could expect a confirmation of my order. On the 7th I received a confirmation it had been shipped by FedEx and it is now in Belgium so I’ll receive it tomorrow. Awesome service is all I can say.

On a separate note has anyone tried their hooks? I’m very tempted by their scud, nymph and jig patterns but would appreciate any feedback before ordering.

Terry
I’m using their jig hooks in a couple of sizes and find them very good.

B

daniport

Well a week later and no replies to the 3 emails that I've sent, about them sending me the wrong order, I suppose my next step is a Paypal dispute, it seems that's the only way to make them reply ... *sigh* :mad:
Hi Campsiefisher, with my last issue i sent various messages to them via facebook messenger. It dis get their attention. I did also email over several days, 2 weeks if I remember correctly. You have to persist but they will reply.

campsiefisher

Thanks daniport I don't do the facebook thing so i'll give them a few more days before I begin talking to paypal. I hate the fact they take your money instantly and leave mails unanswered for up to 2 weeks, no way to run a business.

Best regards
Jim

aldot

I ordered two sets of rod rings a day apart from MC via the Aliexpress website. They took just 5 days to get here, and both in the same package (so someone actually looking at the orders and putting two and two together). Just waiting for the rod blank now. . .

daniport

Thanks daniport I don't do the facebook thing so i'll give them a few more days before I begin talking to paypal. I hate the fact they take your money instantly and leave mails unanswered for up to 2 weeks, no way to run a business.

Best regards
Jim
On the order form or with the paypal payment confirmation there is the Leichi email. I remember someone mentioning that they also included this in on an email after several emails to sales@maxcatch went unanswered. I think that might be worth a try too.
Regards
Daniel

shortcircuit

I have been using their dry fly, curved hooks and jig hook: no problems here.

Disclaimer: I am only fishing for wild brown trout in rivers, so I never have anything on that would have the power to straighten a hook

Cap'n Fishy

OK, you know how this one works...

'History Today'

David Baddiel: "You see that Maxcatch Elegant Pink Fly Rod?"

Last edited:

fluff-flinger

Can anyone explain how the tracking works please?

The info on Order History changes daily, even to the point of saying it had been delivered and left with a neighbour last week.

The 17.Track website it takes you to hasn't updated since the 'airline receives it' on the 27/11/20

And the Trackingmore.com website the link on the main page takes you to has taken it aound every village in China and now delivered it back to another village in China today, 2 weeks after leaving China!

Royal mail is saying it hasn't come into the country yet which sounds about right.

I'd heard the tracking wasn't great but this all just seems like computer generated nonsense!

I placed the order back in early November and not heard anything since the next day saying it had been sent via Express shipping (which i didn't request).

Tried sending messages on facebook but no response?

TIA, Ben

delray

Terry
Hi Terry,
Did it arrive?
On my last order with MC I received a similar notification, and still nothing arrived so I'm just curious. I just want to reiterate, I have no issues with MC, as previously stated, refunds have been made quickly after my asking for it due to non-delivery.
All the best,
Del

Vermontdrifter

Hi Terry,
Did it arrive?
On my last order with MC I received a similar notification, and still nothing arrived so I'm just curious. I just want to reiterate, I have no issues with MC, as previously stated, refunds have been made quickly after my asking for it due to non-delivery.
All the best,
Del
Hey Del;

According to the FedEx Tracker it is now in transit from Paris. So we’ll see if it gets here today or tomorrow. I’ll update when it does.

Take care

Terry

Tangled

There should probably be a sticky for they thread that says

MAXCATCH IS A FIRE AND FORGET ORDER.
YOU DON'T NEED IT TOMORROW, THE NEXT DAY, THE NEXT MONTH OR MAYBE EVEN EVER.
IT'S FREE POSTAGE FROM CHINA, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?
BUT IT WILL MORE THAN LIKELY TURN UP EVENTUALLY.
AND IT WILL COST YOU PRACTICALLY NOTHING
BE SURPRISED AND BE HAPPY.

daniport

I think Tangled has nailed it! Its an order of hope and surprise! Hope that it gets to you, surprised when you receive it and surprised by the free gifts!

Received my last 2 order yesterday and today. First was a load of flytying bits and bobs.. took a while (1 month) to post but all looks good. The second and last order for this year were 2 travel rods.. they look really good for the money! Light in the hand but a firm blank(s).