Maxcatch

springwell

Right guys, I’ve a choice here between two rods, but unsure which one to buy:

Blackstar or Extreme, either 9ft 6#......there’s only £20 difference

either would be used for small stillwaters as a backup for the orvis Clearwater 9’6” 6# (ok ok, don’t bash me for paying £££ for it, Mrs got it as a gift).

I’m already an avid Maxcatch follower and use their lines, reels & nymph rods.

I've a Blackstar and use it for stillwaters. Decent finish too.

noel

Still waiting for snail mail to deliver from Langley it is still there according to Maxcatch but according to snail mail it is still in China so who do you believe .? ( bought an item from Amazon to be delivered from Royal mail still waiting after a week )

Green29

ordered a line and couple of other small things on the 05/12/20. According to Royal Mail tracking, it left China 22/12. no updates since then. Is it time to start emailing or should I give it a bit longer?

thanks
Paul

jc123

i'm still waiting for an order same day 5th dec, says left china 23rd, also waiting for another order from 12th dec... both say now with Royal Mail ?
last order i had was early Nov, ended up in Royal Mails hands and still not got it....
I'm done with Maxcatch/China now, shame, as half the problem is when it reaches the UK..

tierradelfuego

i'm still waiting for an order same day 5th dec, says left china 23rd, also waiting for another order from 12th dec... both say now with Royal Mail ?
last order i had was early Nov, ended up in Royal Mails hands and still not got it....
I'm done with Maxcatch/China now, shame, as half the problem is when it reaches the UK..
Seems, from the sound of it, as if all of the problem is when it reaches the UK, no?

noel

So the problem is Royal mail.

jc123

my 1st lost order was definitely Royal Mail loosing it
The other 2 i'm waiting for tbh i don't know. Maxcatch gave me a tracking number which said arrived in Compton USA, then they changed it to another which is written in Chinese but says left china arrived Royal Mail?

speytime

I've had items arrive at Heathrow International mail iirc, Heathrow something? 9/10 days after ordering, it's then taken 7/9 days from Heathrow to my door.

Al

noel

Green29, have you got a Royal Mail tracking number?
Did you buy via the website or Ebay if via the website go to your orders , view order history, click on view more at the bottom of the page wait until it opens and at 5he bottom click on English .

Green29

In Transit

Tracking no.
This item is now leaving the originating country. More information will be available when it arrives in the UK.
China

Updated on: Tuesday 22 December​

1. 02:33pm
    Item Leaving overseas

Green29

Did you buy via the website or Ebay if via the website go to your orders , view order history, click on view more at the bottom of the page wait until it opens and at 5he bottom click on English .
thanks, didn't spot the translation box. so the latest update from the 04/01.

Langley, get to the sending ground

jc123

thanks Noel, i will check again, did'nt realise there was an 'English' tab, mines all in chinese, but does say Leaving oversees---arrived Royal mail...

The 2 orders i'm waiting for were direct from maxcatch
The previous that Royal Mail lost was from Ebay, which gave a proper tracking number, not that it made any use other than actually seeing who lost it!

Paul_B

Not Maxcatch, but I ordered a heated vest from a company and that's been on an aeroplane from Shenzhen for 2 days and now is (resting for a few days) at the "airport of destination".