Maxcatch

mebu

Having had my Gold 5wt for a couple of weeks and not had a chance to try it on water - went out this morning to a local "trout pond" (within easy distance and one I have been a bit wary of going to) as it describes itself.
Even though glad to be out, not happy to find a 1 acre muddy puddle. Totally run down and obviously nothing done there for some time. Was the only angler there. Fished for an hour then decided to give up, had to ring phone number to tell bloke to come and collect ticket money. Awful place.

Anyway - object was to cast the line, was very pleased with the casting, minimum curling off the reel, went a good distance, for me, and lay fairly straight: all in all a very good line.

Peter

jc123

my 3rd packet also arrived today, ordered 2 months ago. free clippers also
so thanks maxcatch
as first thought, Royal Mail & UK hub the problems..

so, my advice & approach from now on is, yes buy maxcatch cheap decent stuff, but only if you don't mind waiting 2 months

jc123

ironically, the package i ordered from maxcatch in Oct/Nov last year, which Royal Mail lost (they sent me a not in attempted delivery card then it just disappeared still has never turned up since)
Maxcatch sent it all the way from China, it made its way to my door then Royal Mail lost it !

Rhithrogena

Heads up that Maxcatch will be on New Year's hols from 9th - 17th. See pic;
Screenshot_20210207-101933.png

airsprite

Has anybody used the Maxcatch phantom leader line?
Looking for a basic line for small river fishing.

Steve

shortcircuit

Just got a V-Top 9ft W6 rod and gold line today was delivered express didnt charge me for it and took a week to N.I.
Looks great. Also free Gloves, hat, snood.
It spent 3 days at stansted, arrived in Dublin last night, cant believe how quick that was.
Were you over $100 in the order? I got a few bits before Christmas and because I was over 100 they gave express delivery so it came in about ten days

SG1985

Were you over $100 in the order? I got a few bits before Christmas and because I was over 100 they gave express delivery so it came in about ten days
It was £78 so yeah $107 or so. It was 8 days from order and in one day ''Thursday'' travelled from China to Koln, France FedEx and onto Stansted, actually ordered a jacket at the same time from mountain warehouse UK and that hasn't arrived yet.