Maxcatch

daniport

I placed 3 orders early January for bits and bobs (fly tying tools and materials, tungsten beads etc) 2 arrived yesterday. I placed an order last week for a Farglory nymph rod and that turned up yesterday too with fedex delivery. One more parcel still en route but roughly 1 month from China to Spain standard post and 1 week with Fedex.. cant complain really!

Mrtrout

I placed 3 orders early January for bits and bobs (fly tying tools and materials, tungsten beads etc) 2 arrived yesterday. I placed an order last week for a Farglory nymph rod and that turned up yesterday too with fedex delivery. One more parcel still en route but roughly 1 month from China to Spain standard post and 1 week with Fedex.. cant complain really!
Any charges from FedEx?
S.

ShawnZA

On deliveries to Spain, are you seeing any import taxes? Greetings from Galicia.
MaxCatch never declares the correct amount you paid for the stuff, they usually say between $10 and $15 on the papers with the order. Only one order of mine has been held up by customs in my country, luckely it was for a replacement rod, I paid $1, was $11 specified by maxcatch, almost got a penalty for $150 by customs but they let it go luckily.

daniport

On deliveries to Spain, are you seeing any import taxes? Greetings from Galicia.
The first order i placed with Maxcatch arrived with a €40 “handling” bill from Fedex. Part of the order was refunded by maxcatch so I did not take this up with them but if something similar happens then contact the team at maxcatch and they will help.

shortcircuit

I have the black 6 ips sinker in a 6#

It's not bad at all. I don't know if it sinks as fast as 6 ips but it definitely sinks fine. It also casts great, the last day I was using it I was casting it absolutely miles on a budget Cortland rod.

The one thing to watch is that it is prone to memory. Be no harm to give it a good stretch before you cast it.

ShawnZA

Has anyone tried Maxcatch sinking lines? How do they perform?
They cast fine, but mine doesn't sink as expected. Got the sink tip lines in 6wt and 8wt, the 6ips(black and blue), and then also the 3ips(green and brown) for a 5wt. They all seem to sink the same speed, very very slow, so not sure if it's just mine that has this not really sinking problem, mine is more of a 1ipm - inch per minute sink rate line haha

ShawnZA

Anyone else with a glass rod from MaxCatch that has bubbles inside the blank? Is that normal?

IMG_20210216_115008.jpg

Last edited:

Rhithrogena

So to confirm STOCK20 still works.
I could not resist ordering during the New Year break. I'm interested to see if I do get free express shipping. And who can resist 'our plenty free gifts will make you be surprised' 😂
So a reel, couple of spools, a couple of lines, some backing and a tippet holder are on order.
Will post updates👍
Rich

ShawnZA

I see some of the lines are a exact copy of Rio lines, even took the line profile pics from Rio's site.

Maxcatch gold is a copy of Rio Gold
General Satwater is a copy of Rio Tarpon taper
Outbound is a copy of Rio outbound short
Few others copied as well

Got all of those floating maxcatch lines and they perform very well, especially the Outbound.

I do underline some rods with the outbound as the 8wt 330gr is more suitable for a superfast 9wt (Echo EPR), and 7wt 265gr line more suitable for a fast 8wt, can cast 80ft with one false cast, the 30ft head shoots very well

Last edited:

Rhithrogena

I see some of the lines are a exact copy of Rio lines, even took the line profile pics from Rio's site
This is the subject of discussion on this thread, I remember. Blatant copyright infringement. But, this is how the retail world works these days, isn't it?
I often shop at a discounter supermarket that is full of items very similar to those in bigger brand stores and don't feel that I am treading on the rights of those bigger stores. If a manufacturer creates a successful product, then it will be cloned by others, as soon as it is allowed. It seems that the system in China allows circumvention of the legal situation though, regarding copyright, and we consumers condone it.

I often think I should follow my heart a bit more when trying to purchase ethically. I mean, I wouldn't buy petrol for a start, or use electricity, or gas, or pay the local water authority to pollute my fishing spots....

I own two Maxcatch lines and have a couple more on order as we speak. They are excellent products.

What a mess modern life is!

daniport

I see some of the lines are a exact copy of Rio lines, even took the line profile pics from Rio's site.

Maxcatch gold is a copy of Rio Gold
General Satwater is a copy of Rio Tarpon taper
Outbound is a copy of Rio outbound short
Few others copied as well

Got all of those floating maxcatch lines and they perform very well, especially the Outbound.

I do underline some rods with the outbound as the 8wt 330gr is more suitable for a superfast 9wt (Echo EPR), and 7wt 265gr line more suitable for a fast 8wt, can cast 80ft with one false cast, the 30ft head shoots very well
Out of interest, Is that the Outbound saltwater flyline?