Maxcatch

Rhithrogena

So to confirm STOCK20 still works.
I could not resist ordering during the New Year break. I'm interested to see if I do get free express shipping. And who can resist 'our plenty free gifts will make you be surprised' 😂
So a reel, couple of spools, a couple of lines, some backing and a tippet holder are on order.
Will post updates👍
Rich
I've just had confirmation that FedEx will deliver my shipment by the 8th.
🤞

kingf000

Re Maxcatch infringing Rio patents and copyright. This all comes down to what Rio and others are able to and have patented and/or copyrighted. A quick look at Rio patents tells me that they patent the technology and their specific way of manufacturing their fly lines, not the profile. So there is nothing to stop anyone else from copying their line profile, they just can't use their patented polymers and surface coatings, for example Agent X, or any other patented process. So far as copyright is concerned, all they need to do is put it in a Maxcatch box! Similarly applies to rods and reels. Often only a small change needs to be made to avoid patent infringement.

JackHerbert

New to the forum and after reading a lot of the good stuff purchased some 6wt gold line and the 5-6 AVID reel to go with my shakey odyssey 9ft 6-7 weight rod (given to me as a gift a few years ago, but the reel that was given with it has started falling apart). its probably been talked about many times but wondered whether it may be time to buy a new rod as they're so cheap, if so, which one would you recommend as the best of the bunch 6wt rod to be mainly used for stocked rainbows??

jaybeegee

New to the forum and after reading a lot of the good stuff purchased some 6wt gold line and the 5-6 AVID reel to go with my shakey odyssey 9ft 6-7 weight rod (given to me as a gift a few years ago, but the reel that was given with it has started falling apart). its probably been talked about many times but wondered whether it may be time to buy a new rod as they're so cheap, if so, which one would you recommend as the best of the bunch 6wt rod to be mainly used for stocked rainbows??
Welcome to the forum JackH. I have a 9’ 6# V Top and use it with a 6# Gold line, bought for streamer fishing on rivers and occasional Stillwater use. I like it, lot’s of power but surprisingly good to fish a dry fly with.
B

JackHerbert

Welcome to the forum JackH. I have a 9’ 6# V Top and use it with a 6# Gold line, bought for streamer fishing on rivers and occasional Stillwater use. I like it, lot’s of power but surprisingly good to fish a dry fly with.
B
Thanks for the response, I was looking at the vtop alongside the amigo which is on offer down to £45...there didn't seem to be much difference but don't want to assume the amigo is better because of the higher original price?

noel

Thanks for the response, I was looking at the vtop alongside the amigo which is on offer down to £45...there didn't seem to be much difference but don't want to assume the amigo is better because of the higher original price?
Hi Jack welcome to the forum, some of us have bought the Extreme and found those to be very good rods also ; when the good discounts were about I got mine for £17 delivered 9'5wt.

Riffler

Does anyone own the MCatch SA Clicker reel in 3/4?

Can you get backing onto the spool too, or is it only big enough to hold a standard #3 flyline?

Will be using for a small still water where the rainbows can run you into backing.

Thanks
Steve

Riffler

I have one Riffler loaded with a #3 line and about ten yards of backing, which is more than enough for my purpose. Just had a look and it would take another thirty yards of 20lb I’d say.
B.
That's so bring good for me too.
Do you rate the reel?

Mrtrout

Just checked my tracking and it’s on the way. :ROFLMAO:
FFF624F3-FFAF-4C55-AB5E-AA411B689478.jpeg

ShawnZA

Does anyone own the MCatch SA Clicker reel in 3/4?

Can you get backing onto the spool too, or is it only big enough to hold a standard #3 flyline?

Will be using for a small still water where the rainbows can run you into backing.

Thanks
Steve
I had two, but the plastic clicker broke on both of them after a few weeks, and that made the spool go freespool, and not usable as a reel anymore. The issue is stripping line of the reel to fast or "hard" causes the clicker to fail, and in the end break off completely. They stopped selling that clicker reel in South Africa due to the issues a few years ago already. I'm very surprised by the high price maxcatch sells them though,very expensive for something that will not last.

jaybeegee

I had two, but the plastic clicker broke on both of them after a few weeks, and that made the spool go freespool, and not usable as a reel anymore. The issue is stripping line of the reel to fast or "hard" causes the clicker to fail, and in the end break off completely. They stopped selling that clicker reel in South Africa due to the issues a few years ago already. I'm very surprised by the high price maxcatch sells them though,very expensive for something that will not last.
Both mine came with spares and I understand that Maxcatch will supply extra clickers on request.
B