Maxcatch

temmo

Maxcatch V-spey 12'6'' 7/8WT 6PCS

Could somebody help me and tell what is suitable line weight for this rod?

knoonan

That would explain it. Thanks guys, I shall sit back and relax for a couple of weeks and see what happens....
Forget about delivery times if buying from Maxcatch. It will turn up eventually and you will be delighted with the value for money.

daniport

First time out on the rivers this season. Covid is keeping me away from favoured rivers (We cant move between communities in Spain yet) so had to do with less than ideal stretch. The river was beautifully clear but very few trout unfortunately. Tried the Nano IM12 nymph rod 10´ 2 weight. I was very impressed, very light in the hand, cast a 2 weight line with dry and dropper very well. Put 2 nymphs on, a 2.8mm tungsten and 2,3mm tunsten and it fished them very well. Next i will need to hook a fish to find out how it plays them! So far very happy with the purchase and highly recommend the rod for long leader nymphing.

bbamboo

I have had several ordes come through that were ordered over their New Years break. the promise of being surprised by the gifts.. well order a Blackstar 9´ 4 weight rod.. arrived with no gifts! ordered an automatic reel and 2 4 weight lines and some tying stuff.. reel arrived broken and without the lines (the parcel was damaged so this may well have happened en route). give Maxcatch credit.. I told them and they posted a new reel and the missing lines (arrived yesterday).
The automatic reel looks good and is lighter than the vivarelli.
Been looking at one of those automatics for some time can you perhaps give another review after you have give it a try plz.

SG1985

Has Maxcatch got any decent fly reels?
Its just I leant my brother my fly rod ''V-Top'' and reel piscifun sword and he loved them both preferable under £60 for a reel.

daniport

Been looking at one of those automatics for some time can you perhaps give another review after you have give it a try plz.
Will do bbamboo. it may be towards the end of the summer though as my work load increases now until August and I dont get much free time.

daniport

Has Maxcatch got any decent fly reels?
Its just I leant my brother my fly rod ''V-Top'' and reel piscifun sword and he loved them both preferable under £60 for a reel.
I like the avid and Toro reels. Both light and the drags wok well. Before finding maxcatch I had taken a shining to Lamson reels and had bought 3.. now I am actually liking the above 2 more.
I also have the maxcatch Dx black fly reel but bought through Troutline (€48 in troutline (without shipping), €28 in maxcatch delivered), exactly the same reel. it works very well and has taken trout to 6lbs without any problems.

Mcdemon

My first order placed with maxcatch 10 minutes ago. Rod, Reel and silicone fly box for £64. Curiosity has got the better of me after all the positive reviews!
let’s see when it arrives, maybe ought to run a book?
Well glad I didn’t run a book as my order arrived today! That’s exactly two weeks from order and twelve days from despatch. Well done maxcatch so far so good. Initial impressions look good quality wise and may give it a trial tomorrow on my local stream. The Rod will be paired with a small battenkill reel so will do a review in due course. I have really bought it as a back up to my Orvis superfine 7’6” 4# and didn’t want another expensive Orvis Rod sat in the cupboard most of the time unused. The avid reel is for my 5# Rod and it oozes quality. A few freebies also thrown in. We will see but maybe not my last order from maxcatch........

Attachments

• 3E53E859-CBC7-45E7-B68A-73FE89E129A2.jpeg
    3E53E859-CBC7-45E7-B68A-73FE89E129A2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60

martinzx

I received my y Black Star 9ft 7wieght rod yesterday.
Specs: Pacbay Titanium Snake guides and Minima Ring Stripping guide. CNC machined Aluminum reel seat with carbon fiber insert. AAA grade pure Cork handle. Two year guarantee and Life Time Repairing Warranty.
It cost me £99 including FeEx shipping. I must admit it is a lot of rod for the money, I am very happy with the quality, I have only cast it on the grass, so far, still getting used to it.
20210405_132549.jpg

20210405_132829.jpg

jerryrum

My order, placed on the 17th of Feb, has just arrived.
MC1.PNG

Ordered the gold line (which comes with holder) and eco reel (which came with wallet) For about £20. The nippers came free.

The reel seems good quality and is smooth.
MC2.PNG

I can't remember why I went for the large arbour (on a 3 weight?) but I'm glad I did.

For backing line I used about 50 yards of some old predator spinning braid and with the fly line, the reel doesn't feel overly full.
MC3.PNG

Having given it a few casts in the back garden (on a Fladen vantage 3#, 7ft rod) it feels pretty balanced.

I'm hoping this is going to be my new, everyday use, kit.

jerryrum

To add to the above:

The 3# reel gold line is great.

I got down to the local pond this afternoon and was able to cast clear across it, even in the wind.
Before now I have only managed this with a 7# set up.

The Rudd often feed on the far bank, safe in the shelter of the over hanging brambles.

Catching 5 inch Rudd on a 7# is no fun, at least with this 3# set up I can feel something when I hook up. I got some pretty impressive distance even with the 3# 7ft rod.

Cant wait to try it out on some trout in the next couple of weeks.
MC4.PNG

shot of the large arbour vs my standard 3#
MC5.PNG

Latest posts