Maxcatch

Rhithrogena

Sadly, the 'surely' is not an outcome, you may find this article informative . . .

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...t 10 percent,about wealth inequality in China.

The impact of the development of China's international trade and industrial growth upon their 'downtrodden' is summed up by . . .

"And the richest 10 percent owned 62 percent of the total national wealth, while the richest 5 percent owned more than 50 percent. Notably, the top 1 percent in China possessed more than one third of the national net wealth. The 90/10 ratio tells a similar story about wealth inequality in China."
China are slightly below average for wealth inequality, slightly above the UK, and below France.

Rhithrogena

Are we detaining sections of our community upon the basis of ethnic or religious grounds?
Good direction change! Back to 'China bad, don't buy!'
Yes, we are currently detaining up to 20,000 asylum seekers in substandard conditions. A large proportion are Muslim. https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...2020/how-many-people-are-detained-or-returned
My point remains: claiming you don't buy Chinese is not realistic. We aren't able to discriminate which goods are Chinese and which are not. Boycotting Chinese goods may give bragging rights to some but will not save the Uighur. That can only happen through timely diplomatic intervention.

LukeNZ

It would be fair to say that most consumers would prefer their goods whatever they buy, are not made in China. The retailer on the other hand gets to stock his shelves quite cheaply with a wide range of stuff. And if he chooses wisely his mark-up even after what the importer has made, is 200-300%. All that, for selling largely plagiaristic shiite, relative to that which it was copied from, and competes on price only, with.

Old business models considered that net profits of around 20% were acceptable, and often this entailed a bit of whatever you might lose on the swings, being made up on the roundabout..

Retailing these days has simply become a Chinese copy of what it used to be, and it’s all about price - nothing else.

Take it or leave it?

I think a boycott on Chinese goods would be a good thing in the long term. Cut them off altogether, and bring that cash into our own countries and communities.

🙃

LukeNZ

I feel a separate thread to discuss this is more appropriate, please keep this Maxcatch thread for people to discuss their findings on the tackle they buy.
Thanks.
S.

What did China, Maxcatch etc. ever do for us?

Killed local manufacturing, inflicted a pandemic, stripping the planet of resources, pollution, over population, etc,.

What started as just a few takeaways, and dodgy fish and chip shops, has turned into a planet and economies eating monster.

🙃

martinzx

Retailing these days has simply become a Chinese copy of what it used to be, and it’s all about price - nothing else.

🙃
If fishing tackle companies did not outsource there production/manufacturing to China I doubt they would be copied so freely. Often they are not copies there actual identical, they just continue to produce under there own branding. Please do not misunderstand me, I do not believe to be ethical, but this what is happening and not only with fishing tackle. The Swiss watch industry suffered dramatically...But then again for a watch to be labelled Swiss made that means no less that 45% is Swiss made...But that another story

Since it is no longer law on to have a label of country of origin/manufacture on many products, I think many fly lines and much of our fishing tackle is made in China.

Mrtrout

You are happy that UK manufacturing goes to China. You are happy that they copy your products then compete on price with the UK originated products?

Yes this is about Maxcatch.

🙃
Whether I’m happy or not is besides the point, this thread was started for those who wish to talk about the products that Maxcatch produce.
If you want to argue about the ethics of buying Chinese products do it somewhere else please.
Start a new thread yourself it’s quite easy I’m sure you can manage it then you and your like minded supporters can talk to your hearts content while the rest of us can avoid the thread entirely.
S.

jaybeegee

What did China, Maxcatch etc. ever do for us?

Killed local manufacturing, inflicted a pandemic, stripping the planet of resources, pollution, over population, etc,.

What started as just a few takeaways, and dodgy fish and chip shops, has turned into a planet and economies eating monster.

🙃
Whichever way I look at this it’s a xenophobic rant.
B

LukeNZ

Whichever way I look at this it’s a xenophobic rant.
B

I prefer thought provoking, or conscience prodding.

Carry on with your support of Maxcatch copies of your own goods. They are using your greed as a weapon against you, if you do end up thinking about it.

“Maxcatch” the brand name says it all really.

🙃

Last edited:

running bear

I prefer thought provoking, or conscience prodding.

Carry on with your support of Maxcatch copies of your own goods. They are using your greed as a weapon against you, if you do end up thinking about it.

“Maxcatch” the brand name says it all really.

🙃
Maxcatch curious, but not a fan and won't darken their door again.
Nor am I a fan of the Chinese regime.

However Luke, im sure you can get an over weight keyboard, mouse and PC that can assist those 'average' and for average read poor, computer skills and enable you to start your own thread. I will even give you a title, call it a computer casting lesson if you like, "let's Luke at the Chinese system'.

jaybeegee

Thought provoking really? I just re-read it and it is a xenophobic rant. Also, please do not make assumptions about my “ support” of Maxcatch, you have no idea where I source my fishing kit from. I am, however of the opinion that you hold racist views.
B

LukeNZ

Maxcatch curious, but not a fan and won't darken their door again.
Nor am I a fan of the Chinese regime.

However Luke, im sure you can get an over weight keyboard, mouse and PC that can assist those 'average' and for average read poor, computer skills and enable you to start your own thread. I will even give you a title, call it a computer casting lesson if you like, "let's Luke at the Chinese system'.

Quite clearly, satire is not your first language is it.. so am afraid it’s the single finger salute from me🖕

Come on down to Tangled’s buying Chinese gear thread, you can practice your two finger typing there..

Though I doubt you are up to it.. 😘

🙃

Last edited:

Latest posts