Maxcatch

lavo85

I looked through all their rods and they don't have one single 9 ft 6 in 6-weight with a reversed half-Wells handle. I won't have a full Wells on my 9 ft 6 in rods, so they won't be getting a rod sale from me... which will please the China Boycotters. 😜

In fairness to them, 9 ft 6 in 6-weights with a reversed half-Wells handle are like hens' teeth these days! ☹️
My mackenzie nx1 9ft6 6wt has a reversed half well handle, i absolutely love it.

lavo85

Anyone have a wf3 for sale?
Either a gold or just the standard?
Drop me a pm pretty please!

p

Vintage Badger

103 posts in three weeks, heck, you’ll be able to sell stuff now. :rolleyes:
S.
I've never advertised or sold anything on any forum I belong to and I have no intention whatsoever of changing that situation, so I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere for your tackle bargains, won't you.

diawl bach

I honestly find them as good as the gold ones, ridiculously good for under a fiver or free.
S.
3rd season for mine, after the usual applications of Mucilin it's still okay, supple, floats well and as straight as my negligence allows.
Compare that to every floating Cortland line (333, 444, Sylk) I've owned which develop cracks after two years and it shows it's not all about the price, the performance is there too.

noel

The other beauty of these lines is if for some unfortunate reasons you cut in two a line at a fiver is no great loss , I cut my Loop Opti in two last week ouch...
Just bought 3 more eco lines for £10.41 delivered.

Last edited:

Vintage Badger

3rd season for mine, after the usual applications of Mucilin it's still okay, supple, floats well and as straight as my negligence allows.
Compare that to every floating Cortland line (333, 444, Sylk) I've owned which develop cracks after two years and it shows it's not all about the price, the performance is there too.
I've had a Cortland 444 (a light green one) since around 2010 and it's still supple and crack free (much to my amazement). Mind you, I do treat it with the line treatment that came with my Snowbee XS line, and your line probably gets used an awful lot more than mine, as it's for a rod I don't use very often. It's also kept in a dark cupboard at a steady, cool, room temperature when not in use. My Snowbee XS delicate presentation line is of similar age and is also in perfectly fishable condition, once again, probably down to line treatment, storage conditions and fairly light use. It's handy to know that you rate the Maxcatch lines though.

diawl bach

There's been a fair amount of discussion on here as to which line treatment is most successful (inconclusive :cool: ) and as I've used Mucilin rather than a line treatment it may be I'm doing Cortland a disservice but, having said that, the MC line has had the same regime and lived to tell the tale as it were. Still,11 years service for a Cortland can't be sniffed at!

Gdog

Has anyone noticed there are a lot fewer reels for sale on the website, more disappearing every day. Anyone know what is happening, are they out of stock?

GEK79

The other beauty of these lines is if for some unfortunate reasons you cut in two a line at a fiver is no great loss , I cut my Loop Opti in two last week ouch...
Just bought 3 more eco lines for £10.41 delivered.
👍👍

jaybeegee

Has anyone noticed there are a lot fewer reels for sale on the website, more disappearing every day. Anyone know what is happening, are they out of stock?
It may be that the website is not up to date; I was after a small S A Clicker that was showing out of stock for ages, but when I asked about it Maxcatch told me to order the larger size and add a note to my order asking for the small reel. My 2/3 wt reel duly arrived with a free #4 line! 😁. Might be worth an e mail.
B

Gdog

It may be that the website is not up to date; I was after a small S A Clicker that was showing out of stock for ages, but when I asked about it Maxcatch told me to order the larger size and add a note to my order asking for the small reel. My 2/3 wt reel duly arrived with a free #4 line! 😁. Might be worth an e mail.
B
Thanks, worth a try.

hooferinsane

Twelve phantom trout leaders ordered via maxcatchfishing on EBay on 2nd May, just delivered a few minutes ago, 11 days turn around. About £0.85 per leader delivered. Used one recently, 3lb tippet had no problems coping with a 3lb 12oz rainbow.

mebu

Looks like Gold WF3 lines still unavailable on the website. Emailed them a few days ago to enquire, but no reply.

colliedog

Twelve phantom trout leaders ordered via maxcatchfishing on EBay on 2nd May, just delivered a few minutes ago, 11 days turn around. About £0.85 per leader delivered. Used one recently, 3lb tippet had no problems coping with a 3lb 12oz rainbow.
I am impressed with the leaders too. I got 12' 5x and add a tippet. They are straight and hard wearing. Not worn out the first one yet

Latest posts