Maxcatch

hooferinsane

Someone on the Matchcatch forum on FB said that Matchcatch aren’t actually on Ebay, although I have bought lots on Ebay from Matchcatchfishing. The first time that I have ordered a rod direct from the actual Matchcatch website, on 16th May, no arrival yet, and as from the 22nd May it still states on tracking as ‘flight departure’ and no updates after this.( I wasn’t actually expecting delivery yet, the tracking is just annoying)
I also ordered a line from Matchcatchfishing on Ebay on the 22nd May,( 6 days after the website order) and this turned up today, so am wondering in fact if the Ebay seller is actually not Matchcatch themselves, but just selling their products (There is also an Ebay seller called Matchcatch outdoors, selling Matchcatch products).

bbamboo

There is some New Zealand guy on YouTube who used to be sponsored by maxcatch saying it's been taken over.

Last edited:

hooferinsane

I've been refunded for my rod that's sat in the airport.. Conspiricists off you goooo.. 😜😜
I could be in the same situation as yourself, but the line that turned up was a WF4 rating to match that rod. I don’t have any other 4 rated rods, so could be stuck with a line I can’t use. I wonder if my wife will accept that I will then need to buy a 4 rated Hardy to match that line………

Vintage Badger

Could be you decide
Speed watched it and cut to the chase. As far as I can tell from his accent, he seems to be saying Maxcatch NZ? Which I take to be the New Zealand branch? If so, then the main Maxcatch operation in China (if that's where it is) may well be unaffected, and it's just the NZ 'concession' or distributer that's closed/changed hands?

GEK79

I could be in the same situation as yourself, but the line that turned up was a WF4 rating to match that rod. I don’t have any other 4 rated rods, so could be stuck with a line I can’t use. I wonder if my wife will accept that I will then need to buy a 4 rated Hardy to match that line………
Let me know how that goes.. 😂😂