Maxcatch

keef68

There is some New Zealand guy on YouTube who used to be sponsored by maxcatch saying it's been taken over.

Well that’s 21 mins of my life I’ll never get back . He said everything was “sick”, and he was constantly “stoked” apparently... . Sounds like it’s Maxcatch NZ that has a problem, rather than Maxcatch itself. Maybe they just didn’t want to sponsor him anymore?...

Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campsiefisher

I agree with Noel the lines are very good value for money, and they perform better than lots of higher priced lines. My order went in on 21st and arrived in Scotland on the 31st (they even got the order right this time). I own their gold lines too, but the economy ones are brilliant for the money. So good actually that a few friends have now ordered some after trying out mine.

One thing i will say though is i find them light for their rating, i use #6 rods and use their #7 weight lines, they lie straight and cast well.

Best regards
Jim

ejw

I will order if and when I can, if only to try another company in China (beside Maxcatch). Prices seem similar or cheaper. I was looking at their "Glass Blanks" at $9 !!!!! as well as a "few" other products. Only time will tell. The Wife pays PayPal, so I am willing to risk it 👌

ejw

Ahh Rhithrogena
Jf you look through the different companies, a lot will supply single units, it is then contacting them (through the link) and getting into detail i.e. in my case they did not have what was advertised, but on their own link to stock, had similar products. This is where I am up to as now I need a price, any shipping costs and and an idea of delivery time. Not easy and have been waiting since Friday for a reply. Total cost for 2 rods and a reel will be less than $50 via PayPal.
Hopefully it is a 1st time issue and if the products are ok I will use them again. Just don't like to be reliant on one company (over there) i.e. Maxcatch.

ShawnZA

The Minima reel was delivered this morning via fedex. Actually looks and feels very good. Not black as I thought, but not a problem at all. The clicker piece is plastic, so time will tell how long it's going to last but definitely seems better than the SA Clicker that gave me issues with the plastic clicker part.

IMG_20210608_123827.jpg

IMG_20210608_124117.jpg

IanS

Has anyone else had any problems with their Gold lines cracking up badly?Probably used mine about 15 or 20 times and is now in the bin!

jc123

Has anyone else had any problems with their Gold lines cracking up badly?Probably used mine about 15 or 20 times and is now in the bin!
not had any probs with a gold that ive used a lot, got several eco lines, one has cracked a bit, but at £4. i ain't going to complain

ejw

No problems so far, Eco one is now 4 years old and the Gold 2. Both used at least once a week in season.
For the price of Maxcatch gear, if I got 1 year out of anything, then I win. That I have not worn anything out as yet is a big bonus. (Rods, reels, lines, waistcoat and even a fly vice).

hooferinsane

Well my rod which had been on a plane, according to tracking for 3 weeks, is this morning showing as ‘arrived at destination’, which hopefully means the UK (and not back in China) :)

hooferinsane

Anyone any idea/experience of when an item gets to Langley, how long expected delivery is after that. My package was sent by China post, but apparently from what I have seen online you don't get further tracking after this

Latest posts