Maxcatch

jaybeegee

Anyone any idea/experience of when an item gets to Langley, how long expected delivery is after that. My package was sent by China post, but apparently from what I have seen online you don't get further tracking after this
Try the tracking no. on the Royal Mail site, though it can be a bit hit and miss.
B

GEK79

Has anyone had problems ordering from Maxcatch recently? I can select items, but can’t progress with the order past checkout into payment options. I’ve been trying for a week or so and never had a problem before. No response from customer service either.
B
That’s “Maxcatch”. :eek:mg:
It will be 8nteresting to see if my rod arrives the parcel tracking says its landed somewhere wonder was it ever in the shipment.. 😜😜

hooferinsane

Well my extreme rod arrived today, no free eco line as advertised on website though, although possibly could come separately. I found tracking stops once it reaches Langley, and although I tried to track them via Royal Mail tracking, the tracking number works but it only showed on that as leaving China. So about 10 days to me once it arrived in UK. Ordering directly off website a first for me, usually order via Ebay.

GEK79

Well my extreme rod arrived today, no free eco line as advertised on website though, although possibly could come separately. I found tracking stops once it reaches Langley, and although I tried to track them via Royal Mail tracking, the tracking number works but it only showed on that as leaving China. So about 10 days to me once it arrived in UK. Ordering directly off website a first for me, usually order via Ebay.
My rod arrived with line and leader straightener after my refund.. 😉😉

jc123

It pays with Maxcatch to check all their packaging you just never know .

thats true, and don't do what i did slice through the line with a stanley knife, they had put on top of a fly reel box under the wrapping

Gdog

My rod arrived with line and leader straightener after my refund.. 😉😉
Will you refund back to Maxcatch 😜

I ordered a click reel about 5 weeks ago, tracking advised it was sent back from Bejing airport because of a security issue? I contacted Maxcatch by email and they promised to send me another one, so who knows I could get 1 or 2 reels or maybe none at all.

tiggs

Can any of the Maxcatch rods be classed as medium or medium /fast. On looking through the website, all are classed as fast action. I have owned briefly a 6wt some years ago which felt like a beanpole and I have been rather reluctant to renew any acquaintance with a wristbreaker.

Owen

Mrtrout

Can any of the Maxcatch rods be classed as medium or medium /fast. On looking through the website, all are classed as fast action. I have owned briefly a 6wt some years ago which felt like a beanpole and I have been rather reluctant to renew any acquaintance with a wristbreaker.

Owen
The Extreme is middle to tip.
S.

bbamboo

The premier rods I would call middle to tip at least the 9ft 3wt is . Not as fast as a streamflex or a hardy for example. But that's not a bad thing 👍

shortcircuit

Lads if I wanted a Real Gold or Eco line but didn't want to wait 4-6 weeks for it, are there any sellers on Ebay etc that would have it shipped fast

hooferinsane

Lads if I wanted a Real Gold or Eco line but didn't want to wait 4-6 weeks for it, are there any sellers on Ebay etc that would have it shipped fast
think this is real gold on amazon, although it only says gold, more expensive but will be free delivery as over £20
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAXIMUMCATCH-Weight-Forward-90-100F-Welded/dp/B07GQY47F7/ref=sr_1_41?crid=2L1VRWMX49KRV&dchild=1&keywords=fly+lines+floating&qid=1624184710&sprefix=flylines+,aps,167&sr=8-41

GEK79

Owen
I spent the day on the Lough yesterday with the extreme not overly fast.. Decent enough for the money.. I've 9ft 5w..

bbamboo

Interesting to note maxcatch rods I have tried would have been classed as fast rods 20 yrs ago. With sage and hardys todays new incarnations maybe not. I have a feeling fast rods are starting to look dated. And perhaps reached there sell by date.
Things move on.

GEK79

Interesting to note maxcatch rods I have tried would have been classed as fast rods 20 yrs ago. With sage and hardys todays new incarnations maybe not. I have a feeling fast rods are starting to look dated. And perhaps reached there sell by date.
Things move on.
There's a chance I'm wrong fella all day I fished the margins less than 8ft of line out so no real need for huge speed.. Gentle subtle casts all day... 👍👍