Maxcatch

senegals

Ordered 2 5 Weight Gold lines and 5 of the eco lines on 23/11/21 total cost after Stock20 discount £38.08, order was delivered today so 9 Days which is my quickest maxcatch delivery I have had.

Received the following freebies extra eco line, nippers, line straightener and small double sided plastic fly box

mebu

10 days for my new lines order to arrive, quite happy with that.
I posted a little while ago about the "healthy wheat spool" not decomposing, and was informed it is basically plastic.

As lines come in a small poly bag, with the spool on a box........

what does one do with the spool? cannot connect to a reel, so no good for storing or transferring lines - what is it used for?
Peter

noel

I drill a hole through both sides , put them together with a screwdriver through the hole and spin it to remove the line I am removing or I undo the new line into a bucket and then spin that onto the spool prior to loading on my reel spool.

jaybeegee

10 days for my new lines order to arrive, quite happy with that.
I posted a little while ago about the "healthy wheat spool" not decomposing, and was informed it is basically plastic.

As lines come in a small poly bag, with the spool on a box........

what does one do with the spool? cannot connect to a reel, so no good for storing or transferring lines - what is it used for?
Peter
I keep them in a cupboard…..would you like a few? 😁

jonbee56

Placed an order for a 3weight farglory, 5wt gold line, tungsten beads, and a dubbing loop tool. Cost me 72 Euro. The Farglory will be used for nymphing a river where you can as easily hook a 12 lbs barbel as a 1 lb trout when hitting the deep veins and I’ld prefer not to risk my Cult on the barbel in swift current!
I’ve a farglory 11ft 4#. It‘s versatile for nymphing but find it quite heavy compared with the 11ft 3# nano ( sent as replacement when I ordered the V-nymph)... still an outstanding rod though...

Novice

My order woes continue. 2 spools of tippet. Funny thing I have 2 tracking numbers one for TNT and one for 4PX. The TNT is in Shanghai with delays and the 4PX has arrived in Honkong. I won’t hold my breath as I have had this order returned to warehouse twice already.

noel

This is my 1st gentle complaint, my order from 25th Nov has still not left China, the reply to my email was leave it for a week and then send a further email if no correspondence has reached me . I will get in touch tomorrow.

Gdog

This is my 1st gentle complaint, my order from 25th Nov has still not left China, the reply to my email was leave it for a week and then send a further email if no correspondence has reached me . I will get in touch tomorrow.
Are Maxcatch reading this thread?

Vintage Badger

Received my first Maxcatch Gold line today (ordered on 25/11) so not too slow for free delivery. The line was in a sealed plastic envelope placed on top of the cardboard reel case and plastic 'spool'. If this is the normal way they send them out then why bother with the bulky cardboard and plastic? Seems a bit of a waste of plastic and shipping space to me.

Incidentally. I noticed there was a hole through the middle of the plastic spool, with just a sticky label masking in on one side. I know some others have mentioned having to drill a hole through the spool, so maybe this is a design change?

There was a free gift in the reel box, some nail clippers. Cheap and quite poor quality, but it's the thought that counts and the built in nail file will probably come in handy and save me using a matchbox or the nail scissors when I snag a finger nail.

jaybeegee

Any joy yet Noel? My order from the 30th and the addition I made on the 1st landed in the U.K. yesterday morning…..no guarantee that Royal Mail will be as quick though. It makes me think that part of your order may be out of stock….
B

noel

Any joy yet Noel? My order from the 30th and the addition I made on the 1st landed in the U.K. yesterday morning…..no guarantee that Royal Mail will be as quick though. It makes me think that part of your order may be out of stock….
B
No reply so far , it's for 2 Tail Teflon 5/6 spare spools all I have had so far are 2 standard replies of we are looking into it . I must say I have had similar from John Norris and Jubilee Trout shops .

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
I think they might do so .
Well if they are, all I can say is thank you!
Just to see what all the noise about the gold line was about, ordered one, and a sink tip, order placed 26th Nov, late in evening.
Lines arrived to-day! Not tried them yet, but they do feel ok.
Got the infamous eco friendly box with spool inside, lines came in plastic bags!
However, did receive a nifty set of forceps, which will be used, and a rather cool laminated bamboo fly box, complete with keeper cord for vest!
So as I said, thank you maxcatch!

Latest posts