Maxcatch

dgp

I can't help but be tempted by the above comments on Matchcatch rods. Don't need another rod but sitting in lockdown in Wales it's tempting to have a look at one. All the comments seem to be with the lower weights - has anyone bought a 9" 7# rod that has impressed them ? If so what model ?

skajtrout

Get one of these, change out of £30 landed using the Stock20 discount code:

As good as any other 7 weight I’ve used, absolute no-brainer.

Skaj

skajtrout

Ive just read the blurb on the Premier rod above - “DESIGNED for a WORKING HORSE”

You gotta luv ‘em.

Skaj

Reactions: dgp

noel

Just buy 1 , we have a member bbamboo who builds his rods for sale and he has said he can't fault the premier rods and I know we are at almost 1200 replies to this thread with less than 50 complaints so have a good read .

Last edited:

willie_r

I'm still waiting on stuff that's been gathering dust in Hong Kong for nearly a month, according to the tracker.
I'll wait until it turns up before I order anything else.
Admittedly, the things I have had delivered look to be excellent.

Fredmoore

I like the look of this one too. Anyone got one.

Green is my favourite colour. :)

Yes,I have a 7,6” and to a non expert like me it seems unbelievable for the price,even more so when you buy it as a combo outfit with reel line etc.
as I said I am no fly casting expert,but I am having a lot of fun with mine

dyounger

Hi quick feedback on the Predator combo, got the #9 rod with reel and avid line. Used it four times so far and really happy, finish on rod is really good and casts well. Been out in quite windy weather and coped well. Reel is the basic diecast in the combo but is good well made and smooth. The avid line shoots really well and lies straight. I've flyfished for over 37 years had Orvis, Bruce and Walker, Grey's, Reddington, Vision gear over the years and am really impressed with the Maxcatch gear. The combo plus a dozen tapered leaders cost £75 with free delivery and took 2 weeks to arrive.
So far only caught one small schoolie but really happy with the rod and gear.

hooferinsane

After just about to return to fishing after many years, the lines that I do have do seem in good condition(I remember the floating line was almost new) Having read this informative thread, buying a maxcatch gold floating line is a bit of a nobrainer just in case of a mishap with the older lines. However I do need to replace a sinking line, I am just wondering if anyone has had experience of buying sinking lines from Maxcatch?

aldot

Recently ordered a WF7 floating line with 2 welded loops. It arrived in 10 days, first impressions are excellent, just need to try it out now . . .

ron

just received my order of a 7wt ,10 Ft Toray rod with Timefly reel 6/7. package took one week to arrive.
used Stock20 for 20% off

this time i got a Gaze 6/7 reel for free ($ 59,= on their website). its looks nicer then the Timeflyreel that has this plastic click-reel mechanism (can be removed without any loss of functionality) bit surprised about their going wild with free gifts, maybe it was because of the happy pills. anyhow nice to have 2 reels for the new 7wt.

willie_r

And, after checking their tracking app, I've got 3 orders which have been mouldering in Hong Kong sor over a month, and another has been in Jinan for a fortnight..
I also checked the tracking numbers with Royal Mail.
None of them are in the UK yet.
It's nearly been 2 months since some of the orders were made.
My patience is wearing thin.

ejw

I have too much gear, so anything ordered is Manana time ? So when anything arrives it's a bonus. That being said I have not had to wait more than 3 weeks for anything from Maxcatch. Must be lucky !

pipsull

And, after checking their tracking app, I've got 3 orders which have been mouldering in Hong Kong sor over a month, and another has been in Jinan for a fortnight..
I also checked the tracking numbers with Royal Mail.
None of them are in the UK yet.
It's nearly been 2 months since some of the orders were made.
My patience is wearing thin.

Have you tried contacting them Willie? I saw another member did when his order was a few weeks old and they sent a new parcel out Express....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts