Maxcatch

Mrtrout

Awoke this morning to a flurry of emails from MC. The first informing me that my order had been dispatched, with a tracking number showing it had been delivered on 10/2! The second email informed me that my ‘reversal’ was cancelled?? The third email informed me that my order had been cancelled and a refund issued. The money is now back in my bank account, thanks PayPal.This will be my last dealing with MC, I prefer to deal with companies which have some semblance of customer service.

Great shame, I’ve found after dozens of successful orders with Maxcatch that the company always come good and go to great lengths to satisfy you.
S.

Jamie Dundee

Great shame, I’ve found after dozens of successful orders with Maxcatch that the company always come good and go to great lengths to satisfy you.
S.
To be honest it wasn’t the fact the order had been screwed up that annoyed me. It was their absolute refusal to communicate that really rankled, they had 5 opportunities to let me know what was happening. Even after I involved PayPal I still only got computer generated garbage. Such is life, I’m sure I’ll manage with the 4 rod/reel combos I’ve already got, but they have lost a potentially lucrative long term customer...

Mrtrout

To be honest it wasn’t the fact the order had been screwed up that annoyed me. It was their absolute refusal to communicate that really rankled, they had 5 opportunities to let me know what was happening. Even after I involved PayPal I still only got computer generated garbage. Such is life, I’m sure I’ll manage with the 4 rod/reel combos I’ve already got, but they have lost a potentially lucrative long term customer...

Did you contact them direct on the email Jamie?
S.

Gdog

4 times, also via FB message on their website.

According to its tracking on Maxcatch website, the Blackstar rod I ordered on 21st August is still on a tour of China, today it was in a city near North Korea, yesterday it was in south China. If I logout and login again it's in a different location, I've contacted them 3 times in the last week with no response 🤯

I've threatened PayPal in the last email, we'll wait and see.

Jamie Dundee

According to its tracking on Maxcatch website, the Blackstar rod I ordered on 21st August is still on a tour of China, today it was in a city near North Korea, yesterday it was in south China. If I logout and login again it's in a different location, I've contacted them 3 times in the last week with no response 🤯

Every time you refresh your order details the tracking info changes. With my last order I learnt to identify the correct tracking info. I doubt your order has been dispatched.

campsiefisher

If you know the courier and tracking number

Try https://track.trackingmore.com

I find maxcatch tracking info that they give you is rubbish.

Best regards
Jim

knoonan

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. To date I have found them excellent and might never again buy an expensive reel or line.

grandad keith

I ordered an 11 ft #3 on 1 October having had notification of a 1 week holiday, because it was an xmas pressie for myself I ordered it on free delivery as well. Knock on the door this morning to find a delivery guy with a package,I thought it was for a neighbor until I read the delivery note ,it was my rod!!
Hows that for service ?

Caecilius

Hello all,

I've just ordered the 11' 6wt 'v-switch' rod, and am wondering whether anyone else has used one of these rods. I'm trying to figure out what the appropriate weight of shooting head would be best and am wondering if anyone here can offer some advice. Maxcatch had said 400-425 grains, but that sounds rather heavy for a 6wt switch, and they never said whether it was for a 30ft shooting head or a long-belly line.

Gdog

Following on from my post above #1728, I sent Maxcatch an mail AT 10.00PM last night through Paypal explaining my problem with the order, having not received a tracking number after nearly 8 weeks.

I received an email at 4.00AM advising that I was getting a refund, see below from Maxcatch website.

The tracking on the website is rubbish.

1602768014346.png
Well no new rod I suppose, because it looks like someone forgot to complete the order, at least they gave me a prompt refund.

grandad keith

Hi Grandad Keith,

Which nymph rod did you order and what do you think of it?

Cheers,

Damian F
I ordered the Nano Nymph professional Euro Nymphing 11ft #3 Sorry apart from checking that the rod was all there and undamaged I put it away for Santa !

Banksie

Following on from my post above #1728, I sent Maxcatch an mail AT 10.00PM last night through Paypal explaining my problem with the order, having not received a tracking number after nearly 8 weeks.

I received an email at 4.00AM advising that I was getting a refund, see below from Maxcatch website.

The tracking on the website is rubbish.

View attachment 31655
Well no new rod I suppose, because it looks like someone forgot to complete the order, at least they gave me a prompt refund.
The price/quality keeps us coming back. Think of this as an initiation. 😎

Gdog

The price/quality keeps us coming back. Think of this as an initiation. 😎

I received a lovely email from Maxcatch this morning apologising for the lost rod and they offered me a code for 20% discount.
I went and ordered a V Access 9' #7 rod for €32.65. It's cheaper than the rod that was lost.
Might get it by Christmas if I'm lucky, with the lockdown I probably won't use in until 2023. 🥳