Maxcatch

Caecilius

I just received my order. Everything looks good except for the two clear intermediate lines, which are coated in or leeching an oily substance. If it can't be washed off then I'd say they may well be unusable.

pierojump

Hi guys, I'm new in this fantastic world and I'm looking for my first nymph rod. I was thinking to take the Maxcatch farglory from the american website. Any thought about it? Also, how do you feel with their line? Should be good enough to start to learn how to cast? In positive case which model do you recommend it? Thanks

noel

It's down again.
Has anyone else just done this daft idea put the Maxcatch Ebay site into their saved searches to make it easier too search for items ?

Last edited:

Damo

Hi Pierjump,

I haven't used the Maxcatch nymph rods but there is a lot of discussion about them on their Facebook page. It seems that the Nano Nymph is by far the best, the Farglory is thought of as a bit floppy and the new In Touch (which I was interested in) is described as very top heavy. As I say, not my own opinion, but they seem to be genuine comments...

Cheers,

Damian F

jonbee56

Hi Pierjump,

I haven't used the Maxcatch nymph rods but there is a lot of discussion about them on their Facebook page. It seems that the Nano Nymph is by far the best, the Farglory is thought of as a bit floppy and the new In Touch (which I was interested in) is described as very top heavy. As I say, not my own opinion, but they seem to be genuine comments...

Cheers,

Damian F

The site is up, but working really slow

mate, the 11ft nano is excellent. First time out I landed a couple of 2lb trout and a handful of greying. It’s really sensitive & you can feel every touch. It’s simple ‘flick casting’. I ordered the cheapest 11ft v-nymph but they sent the nano instead.. no complaints there. i only found out when I opened the package after a dispute with import duties.

. credit where it’s due, MC refunded the duty once I showed them the receipt...

as everyone knows on the MC thread
...a word of warning : don’t rely on quick delivery, allow a couple of months
... the upside is that the rods are excellent and worth the wait.

just ordered the Farglory after seeing a few reviews (& before the secret of these rods is out and they hike the prices)

jonbee56

I‘ve got a Ultra Lite 7ft 3#, for those tight streams.. put a 3# line & 4# line ( both MC Gold) on it, still seems too light
out of curiosity, what is anyone else using on this rod ?

ejw

Hi Jonbee, have the 7'6" 3# and use it with a 4# no problem. It works well with a 3# but as a lot of my river work is close I use the 4#. This rod replaced my Greys Streamflex 6'6" 3#(mk 1) again use a 4# for the same reason. The lines used are the "standard" Maxcatch lines (£2-90p before discount).

pierojump

The site is up, but working really slow

mate, the 11ft nano is excellent. First time out I landed a couple of 2lb trout and a handful of greying. It’s really sensitive & you can feel every touch. It’s simple ‘flick casting’. I ordered the cheapest 11ft v-nymph but they sent the nano instead.. no complaints there. i only found out when I opened the package after a dispute with import duties.

. credit where it’s due, MC refunded the duty once I showed them the receipt...

as everyone knows on the MC thread
...a word of warning : don’t rely on quick delivery, allow a couple of months
... the upside is that the rods are excellent and worth the wait.

just ordered the Farglory after seeing a few reviews (& before the secret of these rods is out and they hike the prices)

I was thinking about the farglory because the price and the possibilities to have 4 different lengths that at the begin I guess that could be helpful to understand how I feel better.

jonbee56

Hi Jonbee, have the 7'6" 3# and use it with a 4# no problem. It works well with a 3# but as a lot of my river work is close I use the 4#. This rod replaced my Greys Streamflex 6'6" 3#(mk 1) again use a 4# for the same reason. The lines used are the "standard" Maxcatch lines (£2-90p before discount).
Thanks , I’ll have a test out with a few other 4# lines and see which “appeals“ to the rod

campsiefisher

*Lines now taken*

I was sent 2 MC lines, a moss green #5 weight and a Moss/Gold #5 weight floaters, no use to me if anyone wants to swap for #7 weights.

Best regards
Jim

Last edited: